There’s nothing sweeter than love and the amazing feelings it can wake up in a human being. This is maybe one of the main reasons why the wedding cake is always a huge part of the Big Day – and it may also be why you really want this cake to be really perfect too.
What are some of the top wedding cake trends to steal some inspiration from? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Metallic colors. They have been extremely popular throughout the entire 2016, and they will continue to be a top-favorite for brides and grooms. The best part about metallic-colored cakes? You can make them as classy or as avant-garde as you want them! Keep things simple with little “ribbons” of a metallic color at the bottom of each cake, or, if you want to make things even more interesting, add a few geometrical shapes on a white cake, using metallic paint colors.
- Delicious and really versatile, buttercream has slowly crawled its way back into our top preferences. What is there not to love about it? Creamy, sweet and more than beautiful, buttercream also works fantastically well with another big cake trend of the year: ruffles.
- If you want a wedding cake that’s beautiful, unique and actually meaningful, a naked cake will be absolutely perfect for you. Without any kind of frosting, but covered in deliciously fresh fruit and/or flowers, your naked cake will be really amazing.
Searching for a special, intimate wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and take a look at the marvelous restaurant cruise option we offer for your Big Day. You will love everything about it – from the timeless elegance to the absolute originality!
Photo source: flickr.com/ valkyrieh116
Wedding trends may come and go – but some things are simply forever. No matter how modern weddings may get and no matter how much freedom brides have when it comes to creating a personal and unique Big Day, there will always be wedding traditions we simply cannot let go of.
What are some of the top ones? Read on and find out more.
- The bouquet. This is an absolute classic and although it has been heavily influenced by various trends, the truth is that it will stay forever in our hearts. There’s nothing more beautiful, more candid or more romantic than a bride who proudly walks down the aisle, holding a bouquet that reflects her personality, her sensitivity and her style. Green, flowery, large, small, rose-y or succulent-y, there will always be a bridal bouquet to hold on to!
- The rings. There is a very good reason we are still in love with the idea of exchanging rings at weddings: they are very, very meaningful. Their shape stands for eternal love itself – so what could be a better “seal” for your wedding vows, other than the very symbol of infinity, a circle?
- The cake. Again, this is a tradition that has been shifted and changed a lot – but the dessert will stay with us for a long time from now on. The cake may not be as “traditional” as before (and sometimes it can even be replaced with delicious towers of cheese and fruit!) – but, at the end of the day, there will always be a bride to want it at her wedding (or at least want some sort of alternative for it).
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a charming, unique and truly amazing wedding venue that will wow all of your guests. Our splendid and elegant restaurant cruise is waiting for you and your guests – so come see us, book us for the Big Day and have the most stunning wedding everyone has ever seen!
Photo source: flickr.com/ chrisamichaels