Your wedding guest book should be a reflection of your wedding – and, ultimately, it should be a reflection of what you believe in as a couple. Considering modern weddings offer plenty of room for creative ideas, you will definitely want to make your guest book be the most unique one your guests have ever seen.
How do you do that? What are the top trends to creating a wedding guest book? Read on and find your inspiration.
- You can very well choose to keep it traditional, but with a twist. A pretty guest book will always look beautiful to the eye – and if you match it to the theme of your wedding and to the colors you have chosen for the décor, it can look really amazing too. Furthermore, you can also stick to the traditional guest book design, but opt for small personalization marks – such as a meaningful quote engraved on the first page, or even your wedding monogram printed on every page of the book.
- Likewise, you can do it yourself too. If you are tired to see traditional guest books, opt for cards or stickers instead. They will allow you to be even more creative, as you can have them in cute or meaningful shapes – and you can also stick them on unique collages and displays too. For instance, if you are an eco-conscious couple, you can create a cardboard tree and have your guests stick small “leaves” on it.
- Double your photo booth’s meaningfulness. Renting a photo booth for the wedding can be really fun – but beyond that, you might also want to encourage guests to sign on their photos and leave them in a special album. Also, you may want to have them write their wishes on a blackboard they use as a photo booth prop – and this will add an even more personal touch to the entire wedding day.
Searching for a venue that’s both unique and truly sophisticated? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise – you will be charmed by our elegance and originality!
Photo source: flickr.com/ johnhope14
Playful, cute and full of energy, confetti has always been part of our celebrations – and truth be told, they can make for a wonderful wedding element too. How to incorporate this into your wedding in a really beautiful, original way?
We have some great tips to inspire you – so read on and find out more!
- Want your wedding exit to feel like an explosion of color and fun? Offer confetti pops that open up and spread the joy of these colorful sprinkles – they are perfect for the grand wedding ceremony exit. People will have fun popping these and they will also look great for the ceremony itself, especially if you plan on having a playful, casual wedding.
- If you have always dreamed of having a vintage or shabby chic wedding, vintage-looking suitcases can be a wonderful décor option for you. To double their use, fill them up with confetti and leave a sign that encourages the guests to grab some to cover you in joy and color as you exit the ceremony.
- Sometimes, one word can speak more than an entire novel – so why not create a truly special piece of décor, by using confetti to spell out a word that means something for your relationship? From a simple “love” to your initials, there’s a myriad of options you have – and they will all add flair, beauty and personality to your Big Day. Plus, guests will surely love the idea!
Searching for a unique, sophisticated wedding venue? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise – a gorgeous restaurant cruise you will instantly fall in love with, as soon as you see what we can offer. Come visit us, book us for the Big Day and we guarantee it will be absolutely unforgettable!
Photo source: flickr.com/ sleepyjeanie
Joyful and graceful at the same time, sunflowers will always be a truly amazing choice for a wedding – and even more so in the fall, when the landscape colors go so well with the sunflowers themselves!
How to incorporate sunflowers for your wedding, though? We have some tips for you – so read on to find out more.
- For the bridal bouquet, you can definitely create a bouquet made entirely with sunflowers. However, if you want to add a more unique accent, consider combining them with white blooms (such as roses, for example). It will look extremely elegant and beautiful!
- If, on the other hand, you want your bouquet to make a bolder statement, think of combining sunflowers and jewel-toned flowers (which are extremely popular this season). For a vintage touch, bring together sunflowers, mute-colored blooms and a bit of grey (in the bouquet wrap, for example).
- Planning on matching your flower girl’s blooms with those you will be wearing as you walk down the aisle? A basket filled with sunflowers may be too heavy for her, while sunflower petals may be to common – so we suggest you stick to a simple, elegant sunflower stem.
- Last, but definitely not least, don’t forget to incorporate these gorgeous flowers in your centerpieces too! Match them with seasonal blooms and wildflowers and they will look stunning as rustic-chic wedding centerpieces (especially if you add a wooden element to the mix!). Such a simple, but effective and cost-friendly way of beautifying your Big Day!
Searching for a gorgeous wedding venue in Virginia? Want it to be really unique and elegant? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and allow our charming restaurant cruise to be part of your love story. Both you and your guests will absolutely love it here!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Samdogs
There’s nothing sweeter than love and the amazing feelings it can wake up in a human being. This is maybe one of the main reasons why the wedding cake is always a huge part of the Big Day – and it may also be why you really want this cake to be really perfect too.
What are some of the top wedding cake trends to steal some inspiration from? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Metallic colors. They have been extremely popular throughout the entire 2016, and they will continue to be a top-favorite for brides and grooms. The best part about metallic-colored cakes? You can make them as classy or as avant-garde as you want them! Keep things simple with little “ribbons” of a metallic color at the bottom of each cake, or, if you want to make things even more interesting, add a few geometrical shapes on a white cake, using metallic paint colors.
- Delicious and really versatile, buttercream has slowly crawled its way back into our top preferences. What is there not to love about it? Creamy, sweet and more than beautiful, buttercream also works fantastically well with another big cake trend of the year: ruffles.
- If you want a wedding cake that’s beautiful, unique and actually meaningful, a naked cake will be absolutely perfect for you. Without any kind of frosting, but covered in deliciously fresh fruit and/or flowers, your naked cake will be really amazing.
Searching for a special, intimate wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and take a look at the marvelous restaurant cruise option we offer for your Big Day. You will love everything about it – from the timeless elegance to the absolute originality!
Photo source: flickr.com/ valkyrieh116
Regardless of how many guests you want to invite at your wedding, you definitely want them to have fun there – and this includes everyone, from your wedding party, to the children invited at the Big Day too.
Providing adults with delicious food, great drinks and amazing music is usually the key to a successful wedding – but do you know how to entertain your youngest guests? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Offer them a special space. Kids don’t need much to have fun, but organizing a special space just for them will make them feel more comfortable among people of the same age as they are. Plus, doing this helps the adults relax better, knowing exactly where their kids are throughout the entire wedding day.
- Offer them arts and crafts supplies. Most kids love coloring and crafts in general – so it’s very likely that those invited at your wedding will be more than happy if you provide them with some arts and crafts supplies.
- Offer them a movie and a “lounge” space. Some cushions, some delicious popcorn and a fun movie for kids – this is all you need for a special relaxation space for the youngest guests at your wedding!
- Last, but definitely not least, photo booths are great for the little ones too! They will have a lot of fun shooting photos of themselves – and if you provide them with some cute costumes for this, they will love it even more!
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a superb wedding venue filled with elegance, uniqueness and true versatility. Come visit our restaurant cruise in Virginia, come see what we offer, and book us for a truly special wedding day everyone will absolutely love!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Sean Davis
Your bridal look is so important for you! After all, this is such a unique moment in your life that it is completely normal to want to look flawlessly gorgeous. How do you achieve that, though? What are some bridal beauty mistakes other ladies have done – and you should avoid?
We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Take your time. Really take your time. If you want to do your makeup on your own, double the time you think you will need to get yourself done to walk down the aisle. Believe us, you will be so nervous even applying the blush will feel like a really hard task.
- Speaking of, learn how to put on falsies if you want them on your wedding day. In truth, false eyelashes can be a complete game-changer for your makeup – but do make sure you know how to apply them with precision, without spending too much time, and without ruining your entire eye makeup either.
- Furthermore, try to avoid very dark eye makeup. Smoky eyes look spectacular and glamorous in real-life, but this type of makeup can frequently look really bad in the pictures. Better stick with something softer and more neutral for your Big Day.
- Last, but definitely not least, avoid red lipstick. It can definitely add a dash of elegance and sophistication – but can very easily smear and lead to a disastrous look. If you really have to wear red lips, be sure to choose an extra-resistant lipstick or lip stain (and test it before the Big Day).
Searching for a truly unique wedding venue to make you and your guests feel special at your wedding? Contact Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise in Virginia and come see what we offer! You will be charmed by our restaurant venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Ashley MacKinnon
Deciding on what to wear to work or to a special event can be tough. But deciding what to wear on your wedding day can feel very much like a true “mission impossible”. With so many wedding gowns to choose from, how do you even conduct your wedding dress shopping with ease? How do you shop for the perfect wedding gown?
Here are some tips to help you with this.
- Start by analyzing the offer. See what designers have in store for the season, take a look at what smaller bridal boutiques offer, analyze cuts, designs and fabrics. Collect pictures of the dresses you like and start shopping with these images in mind. Although you will most likely not choose one of these dresses, they can still give you a very good head start.
- Have a reliable entourage. No, you don’t have to bring everyone with you when shopping for the wedding dress. In fact, a smaller, but more reliable entourage can be a lot more helpful – so stick to a couple of good friends and relatives.
- Listen to the consultants. They’ve been doing this for a long time and they know everything that moves in the world of wedding dresses. Listen to their advice and try on the gowns they suggest. Also, keep in mind that consultants are usually great at suggesting dresses that follow a model similar to that of a designer’s creation, but for a lower budget.
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a superb restaurant wedding venue in Virginia, ready to help you host a sophisticated, unique and absolutely memorable wedding. Come visit us, take a look at what we offer and we guarantee you will truly love it here! What’s more, we guarantee your guests will love it here too!
Photo source: flickr.com/ sagesolar
Your Big Day is bound to be sentimental, full of nervousness, filled with emotion, love and kind feelings. But, beyond everything, this day should be one of the happiest ones of your life – and it should provide you and your guests with memories nobody will ever forget.
The right wedding music playlist can have a huge influence on how everyone feels at your wedding. But do you actually know which 2016 songs deserve to make it to this very important playlist? We have some suggestions – so read on and “steal” some inspiration.
- My House, Flo Rida. This is the ultimate party song! Play it when you want all of your guests to move to the dance floor and have fun!
- Sorry, Justin Bieber. Regardless of whether or not you usually like his music, this Justin Bieber song will surely make everyone want to dance. It’s fun, it’s really high-energy and it will bring everyone to the dance floor in the blink of an eye.
- Hold My Hand, Jesse Glynne. Looking for a party song that adds a bit of romanticism to the mix too? This is it! High-energy, and yet sweet and romantic, this is the kind of song that really couldn’t miss from a 2016 wedding’s playlist!
- New Romantics, Taylor Swift. Speaking of romantics, this song will also bring people to the dance floor, so it’s more than worth considering adding it to your playlist too!
Still searching for a unique, elegant wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and allow yourself to be embraced by the style, sophistication and timelessness of our beautiful restaurant cruise! Come visit us, book us for the Big Day, and allow us to be part of your unforgettable love story!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Ashley R. Photography
Going green has become more than essential in a world that’s slowly running out of resources and facing serious pollution-related issues. And while you may have already gone green with a lot of things in your life, you probably haven’t considered doing the same with your wedding too.
Why would you do it, though? Why would you have a green wedding? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Obviously, it saves the planet. You may think your actions are not so impactful in the grand scheme of things – but the absolute truth is that they are. You and what you do matters more than you can imagine – and having a green wedding can really help the planet. Go green and save the environment with your actions! Inspire others to do the same! This is how great changes are made!
- Believe it or not, it can save you money too. Yes, that’s right. A green wedding will not be expensive, it will actually save you money. There are many items that simply cost less when they are green (and when you add this to the fact that going green is generally a nice gesture to make for mankind’s sake, it will be more than worth it).
- There’s something really gorgeous about rustic simplicity. A timeless kind of elegance, a beauty that never fades away, a sense of simplicity that just makes planning so much smoother and more stress-free – these are just some of the things you can expect to experience by having a green wedding!
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a completely unique wedding venue you will truly love! Come visit our superb restaurant cruise, take a look at what we offer and book us to sail away…on the tides of love itself!
Photo source: flickr.com/ county marquees
The colors you choose for your wedding décor are more than important: they will not only create a well-balanced look, but they will also have a huge influence on the overall ambiance of your Big Day. Colors send powerful messages – and your wedding colors should be carefully chosen, in a way that creates balance and sends across the beautiful message of your love story.
Green is an amazingly strong and energetic color – so, if you are that kind of couple, you will definitely love to see this color at your wedding. How to do it? How to add some green into your Big Day’s décor? Here are some great ideas to inspire you:
- The shoes. Step on in high style by wearing a green pair of shoes. They will look absolutely splendid with your white wedding dress and they will even match perfectly to the foliage in your wedding bouquet.
- The groom’s accessories. Want your groom to look well-matched with the rest of the décor? Use a green tie or bow-tie to add a bit of vibrancy and energy to his elegant attire. He will look so handsome!
- The bridesmaids. These are your best friends – and you surely want them to feel great at your wedding. Dress them in green and they will be stylish and beautiful! This is absolutely perfect for a spring or summer wedding!
- The florals. Bring an boost of high-energy into your wedding by focusing on greenery and foliage for your florals. Not only will this look unique and beautiful, but it will also save you a lot of money (especially since greenery tends to cost less than blooms).
Searching for a venue that’s just as unique as your love story? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and allow us to be part of your amazing Big Day! Come visit us and book our splendid restaurant venue for the most important event of your life!
Photo source: flickr.com/ MsSaraKelly