Being a wedding guest is a true honor! After all, the couple has chosen you, of all people they know, to share their happiness and their hopes on one of the most important days of their lives: their wedding.
Of course, you want to be the perfect wedding guest – but how do you do that? What are some of the essential wedding guest etiquette rules to remember? We have gathered them right below – so read on to find out more.
- DO send the RSVPs and send them in time. The bride needs them to make a final headcount and to pass it on to the catering service provider and to the other vendors as well. Most of the RSVPs are either self-stamped or they can be submitted online – so it really doesn’t take much of you to send it back in due time.
- DO adhere to the dress code. The wedding invitation will mention whether it’s a formal, semi-formal or casual event. Dress on the safe side, don’t be too flashy with your outfit and avoid wearing the colors the bride, the groom and their party might wear.
- DO NOT complain. Even if the food is horrible and even if the DJ is the most untalented person on Earth, you should never, ever complain at a wedding. You will only ruin the bride’s day!
- DO NOT keep the couple for too long. It is perfectly polite to make small talk with the couple when you meet them at the reception. However, keeping them for too long might be inappropriate, as they have a lot of things to do…
Are the bride and groom searching for the perfect intimate wedding venue? Tell them about Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise – an elegant, exquisite and beautiful restaurant cruise ready to host their wedding day like no other place can!
Photo source: flickr.com/ The Missouri Kintner Clan
Your wedding is a very, very special moment in your life – so you definitely want to love everything about it. What’s more, you want your guests to be absolutely in love with your wedding too – but what happens when you think that what you like and what other people generally like crashes?
For example, if you and your fiancé are vegetarians, would it be acceptable if you served guests with a vegetarian menu also? What are some of the most important things to know about this? Read on and find out more.
- Yes, it is more than acceptable to serve a vegetarian meal. After all, your wedding should reflect who you are and what you believe in as a couple – and if vegetarianism is a lifestyle choice for you, there’s no reason not to have a menu inspired by this.
- At the same time, please keep in mind that it is extremely important to create a vegetarian menu that’s delicious even for people who are not vegetarians. Choose your wedding caterer carefully and make sure they know how to pull off vegetarian dishes in grand style. Also, if your venue doesn’t allow you to bring outside caterers, do make sure that the in-house ones are excellent at cooking vegetarian meals.
- Last, but not least, take into consideration the option of offering a fish or poultry meal as an option for people who simply cannot or don’t want to eat an all-vegetarian menu. This would be similar to what non-vegetarians do at their weddings when they offer a vegetarian option for their guests – so it would surely be acceptable from all points of view.
Searching for a beautiful and unique wedding venue? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and take a look at our stunning restaurant cruise! You will absolutely love it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ La Melodie
With summer very near, many brides are considering the option of having a wedding inspired by their most patriotic feelings. But how do you do that? How do you pull off a wedding centered on 4th of July without making it more about the national holiday than about you as a couple?
We have gathered some tips to help you plan a truly gorgeous patriotic wedding – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Don’t cover everything in stars and stripes – or blue, red and white, for that matter. It is perfectly OK to use the national flag’s colors as the foundation of your wedding color theme. But make sure you don’t go overboard if you don’t want to make the entire even feel more “4th of July” than “wedding”. For example, having a white-based wedding with blue and red accents can create a patriotic feeling without being “too much”.
- Bring in quintessential American elements – such as a vintage American car for your getaway, American pies instead of cake or American foods everyone loves and appreciates. Make this event a dedication to all things American and guests will be more than delighted with the idea!
- End it in a huge fireworks show. Want to make a truly grand exit? Plan to end the wedding in a fantastic, opulent and truly celebratory fireworks show. This will go perfectly with the “4th of July” theme and it will add a dash of glamor to your Big Day too.
Searching for a wedding venue that’s unique, elegant and truly sophisticated? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and take a look at our beautiful restaurant cruise. Come visit us and we guarantee you will not be disappointed by what we offer for your Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ kristin_a (Meringue Bake Shop)
We all know that weddings can get quite expensive – and with today’s economy, it’s really no wonder why not many couples can afford breaking the bank for their Big Day. Even so, that doesn’t mean you cannot have a truly fantastic wedding. In fact, there are many ways you can keep the style up, while sticking to low costs.
How to do that? How to pull off a truly unforgettable wedding when you are running on a tight budget? Here are some tips to consider.
- For the dress. Everyone knows that designer wedding dresses are expensive – but we also know that, for a bride, her dress is really, really important. If you have your heart set on a designer dress, learn that you can save a lot of money by simply swapping the fabric with something more affordable.
- For the food and flowers. You obviously want to create the perfect ambiance and the ideal menu for your guests. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune. Switch off-season florals and foods with seasonal options and your wedding will be not only budget-friendly, but very much into the spirit of the season too!
- For the cake. Some cakes can get truly expensive – and if your pocket cannot afford a multi-tiered, fabulous wedding cake, you might feel that the world is crumbling under your feet. No worries, though! Having a small, great-looking cake (for the show-off and for the cake cutting moment) and serving guests with sheet cakes of the same flavors will save you tons of money and get you the cake you have dreamed of!
Searching for an elegant and unique venue for an intimate wedding far from the madding crowd? Contact Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise! You will be charmed by what our restaurant cruise can offer for your Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ theinvinciblemom
Your wedding is not about the food. It’s not even about the décor or the dress you choose to wear. It is about celebrating one of the most beautiful moments in your life, together with the people who care most about you.
And yet, serving great food at your wedding is definitely a must – not because guests will be disappointed if you don’t, but because you want to offer all these amazing people a truly unforgettable experience (and food plays an important role in this).
How to create the best menu for your wedding? We have some tips for you – so read on if you want to find out more.
- First and foremost, the budget. Don’t even start thinking of the foods you put on the table before knowing what your budget is for your wedding menu. See how much you can afford to spend with this, analyze your guest headcount and narrow down your options to those that fall within your budget range.
- Furthermore, the style. The general style of your wedding will affect the menu you serve too. For example, a very casual wedding that focuses more on music and ambiance will do great with passed appetizers. But a more traditional affair will most likely need you to plan a seated dinner.
- Last, but not least, the guests. It can be hard to satisfy so many people – but taking some basic “rules” into consideration can always help. For example, you could try to include allergen-free, gluten-free and vegan options in your menu. Also, you should try to include foods in their “milder” versions too (especially if you plan on serving anything that’s very spicy).
Searching for an elegant, unique and sophisticated wedding venue? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and allow us to be part of your love story! Book us and come “float” with us on the waves of love…and marriage!
Photo source: flickr.com/ marc kjerland
Holiday weddings are excellent ideas when you want your Big Day to feel like a true “double celebrations”. However, there are certain aspects to consider when planning a wedding for Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Memorial Day or any other important holiday.
What are these aspects and how to make sure your holiday wedding turns out absolutely amazing? We have gathered some essential tips for you – so read on to find out more.
- First and foremost, send your invitations well ahead of time. Holidays are a time to spend with family and close friends – so, if you want to make sure your guests know about your wedding and don’t plan any other large events or trips on your wedding day, send them the “Save the Date” cards and the invitations long ahead of the actual Big Day.
- Furthermore, remember that just because you are planning a holiday wedding, it doesn’t mean that you have to make this event all about the holiday and not so much about your wedding itself. In fact, basing your décor only on the holiday colors and playing holiday music at your wedding are both terrible ideas.
- Last, but definitely not least, do serve your guests with drinks (and foods) inspired by the holiday. A delicious holiday-fragranced signature cocktail will not only taste great, but it will also add a unique touch to your wedding (and the guests will absolutely love this!)
Searching for a very special wedding venue? How about a restaurant cruise? Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we have prepared a stunning cruise ship just for you and for your guests – so if you want an intimate, elegant and genuinely unforgettable Big Day, you should definitely give us a call! We guarantee you will not regret it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ no prawns
Wedding after parties have become quite popular in the last several years – and understandably so, especially for couples who want to continue their “Big Day” well into the night too. Have you considered having a wedding after party, though? Why would you want it? Even more, how to plan an after party that’s really unforgettable? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- A wedding after party is a great way to extend your celebration into the night. Considering the reception will be quite short (most of them last for about 5 hours) and that it will be crammed with a lot of micro-events (such as the toasts, the first dance, and so on), you might want some extra-time to really party with your guests.
- You can have the after party at a bar (either by simply going there or by renting a separate room for you and your guests). Yet, it is highly recommendable that you choose a location that’s close to the reception venue (this way, your guests will not be put off by the distance and they will want to come to the after party too).
- The best thing about the after party is that there are no rules. Because this is a fairly new tradition, it isn’t yet “regulated” by wedding etiquette, so you can do whatever you want. Invite guests via your website, with actual invitations or by word of mouth. Serve comfort foods or gourmet snacks. Split the bill with your parents or pay for it yourselves. There are no limitations as to what you can do with the after party – but even so, we do suggest you plan it in a different way than your wedding reception (by choosing different foods, a different wedding theme and location, and so on).
Searching for a romantic, unique and unforgettably beautiful venue for your Big Day? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and take a look at our elegant restaurant cruise! Book us for your wedding and you won’t regret it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ micadew
Your wedding should be a very special event in your life – and it should match your very own sense of style and preferences. Having a 1940’s themed wedding is a truly wonderful idea if you are attracted to that glamorous vintage feel only the Golden Age of Hollywood Era can offer. But how do you do it? How do you plan a vintage wedding with just a dash of modernity in it? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Your wedding look should speak about your theme. Of course, choosing a vintage-inspired dress is almost a must when it comes to such a wedding theme. However, do make sure your accessories fit your theme too. For example, a golden clutch purse and a timeless lipstick will look amazing on you and they will also complement your 1940’s themed wedding too.
- Choose colors that are both delicate and bold – and always settle for no less than absolute glamor. Your wedding color scheme should go along with your theme, so it is important to choose colors that suit the 1940’s vibe. Gold, copper and soft warm colors (such as apricot, for example) look great with this type of vintage weddings.
- Bring your theme and your colors into all the details of the Big Day. An opulent flower arrangement with red, yellow and orange roses will look luxurious and timelessly elegant in a golden vase, surrounded by other golden touches. Also, your wedding menu would be a great “bonus” if the menu items were listed as songs from the 40’s era.
Searching for a wedding venue capable of adapting to your amazing wedding ideas? Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we can provide you with a fabulous restaurant cruise to have an unforgettable Big Day! Contact us and find out more about our venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Mr.Hea
Your wedding is one of the biggest, fanciest and most unique moments in your life – so it is only natural that you want everything about it to be picture-perfect, superb and absolutely unforgettable.
How do you do that, though? How do you make sure your wedding is genuinely memorable – both for you and for your guests? We have gathered some tips to help you with this – so read on and find out more.
- First and foremost, the venue. The venue you choose for your big day can have a huge impact on its overall “feel” and on your wedding style too. So, think twice before settling on a venue and choose the one that really suits your personal taste, your wedding theme and, ultimately, your love story itself.
- Don’t skimp on ceremony décor. The moment you walk down the aisle will be magical – so make sure it’s accompanied by décor that yells elegance and beauty. Don’t skimp on your ceremony décor (flowers, light, and so on) and you will definitely not regret it.
- Great entertainment is essential too. They say the ceremony is for the couple and the reception is for the guests. Of course, the entire wedding is about you and the amazing moment you are celebrating – but if you want your guests to find this day just as unforgettable as you do, providing them with high-quality entertainment is key. Bring in a great DJ or a band, serve them with great dishes (which, by the way, don’t have to be expensive, but they do have to look at taste amazing) and think of other forms of entertainment too (icebreaker games, photo booth, and so on).
Searching for a venue that speaks about intimacy, timeless elegance and uniqueness? Come and visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise – you will not be disappointed by our wonderfully welcoming restaurant cruise!
Photo source: flickr.com/ luca.sartoni
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder – and the man you have chosen to share your life with surely sees you as the most gorgeous woman on Earth. But when it comes to the Big Day, you will most likely want to make sure every single detail of your look is absolutely flawless.
What are the best beauty tips to help you feel stunning on your wedding day? We have gathered some of them right below – so read on and find out more.
- Start early. Regardless of what you want to improve about your look, start as early as possible. Visit a dermatologist, start going to professional facial treatments and start changing your hair color long before the wedding date. Whatever you do, avoid making any kind of sudden and drastic changes with less than a few months before the Big Day.
- Choose the right makeup artist and hairstylist. Not only will they have to be talented and experienced, but they will also have to understand exactly what you want for your wedding look. Schedule your appointment early in the wedding planning process, so that you can make any kind of changes you might need.
- Last, but definitely not least, smile. It is the best and most efficient way to look radiant as a bride! Not only that, but it is also a completely free way to make sure your wedding photos look just as amazing as you feel inside!
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a completely unique, sophisticated and elegant wedding venue. If you want your wedding to be really special, contact us and come visit our restaurant cruise. Book us for the Big Day and you will never regret having chosen us and what we offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/ The Wedding Traveler