Your wedding is not about the food. It’s not even about the décor or the dress you choose to wear. It is about celebrating one of the most beautiful moments in your life, together with the people who care most about you.
And yet, serving great food at your wedding is definitely a must – not because guests will be disappointed if you don’t, but because you want to offer all these amazing people a truly unforgettable experience (and food plays an important role in this).
How to create the best menu for your wedding? We have some tips for you – so read on if you want to find out more.
- First and foremost, the budget. Don’t even start thinking of the foods you put on the table before knowing what your budget is for your wedding menu. See how much you can afford to spend with this, analyze your guest headcount and narrow down your options to those that fall within your budget range.
- Furthermore, the style. The general style of your wedding will affect the menu you serve too. For example, a very casual wedding that focuses more on music and ambiance will do great with passed appetizers. But a more traditional affair will most likely need you to plan a seated dinner.
- Last, but not least, the guests. It can be hard to satisfy so many people – but taking some basic “rules” into consideration can always help. For example, you could try to include allergen-free, gluten-free and vegan options in your menu. Also, you should try to include foods in their “milder” versions too (especially if you plan on serving anything that’s very spicy).
Searching for an elegant, unique and sophisticated wedding venue? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and allow us to be part of your love story! Book us and come “float” with us on the waves of love…and marriage!
Photo source: flickr.com/ marc kjerland
Holiday weddings are excellent ideas when you want your Big Day to feel like a true “double celebrations”. However, there are certain aspects to consider when planning a wedding for Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Memorial Day or any other important holiday.
What are these aspects and how to make sure your holiday wedding turns out absolutely amazing? We have gathered some essential tips for you – so read on to find out more.
- First and foremost, send your invitations well ahead of time. Holidays are a time to spend with family and close friends – so, if you want to make sure your guests know about your wedding and don’t plan any other large events or trips on your wedding day, send them the “Save the Date” cards and the invitations long ahead of the actual Big Day.
- Furthermore, remember that just because you are planning a holiday wedding, it doesn’t mean that you have to make this event all about the holiday and not so much about your wedding itself. In fact, basing your décor only on the holiday colors and playing holiday music at your wedding are both terrible ideas.
- Last, but definitely not least, do serve your guests with drinks (and foods) inspired by the holiday. A delicious holiday-fragranced signature cocktail will not only taste great, but it will also add a unique touch to your wedding (and the guests will absolutely love this!)
Searching for a very special wedding venue? How about a restaurant cruise? Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we have prepared a stunning cruise ship just for you and for your guests – so if you want an intimate, elegant and genuinely unforgettable Big Day, you should definitely give us a call! We guarantee you will not regret it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ no prawns
Wedding after parties have become quite popular in the last several years – and understandably so, especially for couples who want to continue their “Big Day” well into the night too. Have you considered having a wedding after party, though? Why would you want it? Even more, how to plan an after party that’s really unforgettable? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- A wedding after party is a great way to extend your celebration into the night. Considering the reception will be quite short (most of them last for about 5 hours) and that it will be crammed with a lot of micro-events (such as the toasts, the first dance, and so on), you might want some extra-time to really party with your guests.
- You can have the after party at a bar (either by simply going there or by renting a separate room for you and your guests). Yet, it is highly recommendable that you choose a location that’s close to the reception venue (this way, your guests will not be put off by the distance and they will want to come to the after party too).
- The best thing about the after party is that there are no rules. Because this is a fairly new tradition, it isn’t yet “regulated” by wedding etiquette, so you can do whatever you want. Invite guests via your website, with actual invitations or by word of mouth. Serve comfort foods or gourmet snacks. Split the bill with your parents or pay for it yourselves. There are no limitations as to what you can do with the after party – but even so, we do suggest you plan it in a different way than your wedding reception (by choosing different foods, a different wedding theme and location, and so on).
Searching for a romantic, unique and unforgettably beautiful venue for your Big Day? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and take a look at our elegant restaurant cruise! Book us for your wedding and you won’t regret it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ micadew
Your wedding should be a very special event in your life – and it should match your very own sense of style and preferences. Having a 1940’s themed wedding is a truly wonderful idea if you are attracted to that glamorous vintage feel only the Golden Age of Hollywood Era can offer. But how do you do it? How do you plan a vintage wedding with just a dash of modernity in it? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Your wedding look should speak about your theme. Of course, choosing a vintage-inspired dress is almost a must when it comes to such a wedding theme. However, do make sure your accessories fit your theme too. For example, a golden clutch purse and a timeless lipstick will look amazing on you and they will also complement your 1940’s themed wedding too.
- Choose colors that are both delicate and bold – and always settle for no less than absolute glamor. Your wedding color scheme should go along with your theme, so it is important to choose colors that suit the 1940’s vibe. Gold, copper and soft warm colors (such as apricot, for example) look great with this type of vintage weddings.
- Bring your theme and your colors into all the details of the Big Day. An opulent flower arrangement with red, yellow and orange roses will look luxurious and timelessly elegant in a golden vase, surrounded by other golden touches. Also, your wedding menu would be a great “bonus” if the menu items were listed as songs from the 40’s era.
Searching for a wedding venue capable of adapting to your amazing wedding ideas? Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we can provide you with a fabulous restaurant cruise to have an unforgettable Big Day! Contact us and find out more about our venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Mr.Hea
Your wedding is one of the biggest, fanciest and most unique moments in your life – so it is only natural that you want everything about it to be picture-perfect, superb and absolutely unforgettable.
How do you do that, though? How do you make sure your wedding is genuinely memorable – both for you and for your guests? We have gathered some tips to help you with this – so read on and find out more.
- First and foremost, the venue. The venue you choose for your big day can have a huge impact on its overall “feel” and on your wedding style too. So, think twice before settling on a venue and choose the one that really suits your personal taste, your wedding theme and, ultimately, your love story itself.
- Don’t skimp on ceremony décor. The moment you walk down the aisle will be magical – so make sure it’s accompanied by décor that yells elegance and beauty. Don’t skimp on your ceremony décor (flowers, light, and so on) and you will definitely not regret it.
- Great entertainment is essential too. They say the ceremony is for the couple and the reception is for the guests. Of course, the entire wedding is about you and the amazing moment you are celebrating – but if you want your guests to find this day just as unforgettable as you do, providing them with high-quality entertainment is key. Bring in a great DJ or a band, serve them with great dishes (which, by the way, don’t have to be expensive, but they do have to look at taste amazing) and think of other forms of entertainment too (icebreaker games, photo booth, and so on).
Searching for a venue that speaks about intimacy, timeless elegance and uniqueness? Come and visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise – you will not be disappointed by our wonderfully welcoming restaurant cruise!
Photo source: flickr.com/ luca.sartoni
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder – and the man you have chosen to share your life with surely sees you as the most gorgeous woman on Earth. But when it comes to the Big Day, you will most likely want to make sure every single detail of your look is absolutely flawless.
What are the best beauty tips to help you feel stunning on your wedding day? We have gathered some of them right below – so read on and find out more.
- Start early. Regardless of what you want to improve about your look, start as early as possible. Visit a dermatologist, start going to professional facial treatments and start changing your hair color long before the wedding date. Whatever you do, avoid making any kind of sudden and drastic changes with less than a few months before the Big Day.
- Choose the right makeup artist and hairstylist. Not only will they have to be talented and experienced, but they will also have to understand exactly what you want for your wedding look. Schedule your appointment early in the wedding planning process, so that you can make any kind of changes you might need.
- Last, but definitely not least, smile. It is the best and most efficient way to look radiant as a bride! Not only that, but it is also a completely free way to make sure your wedding photos look just as amazing as you feel inside!
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a completely unique, sophisticated and elegant wedding venue. If you want your wedding to be really special, contact us and come visit our restaurant cruise. Book us for the Big Day and you will never regret having chosen us and what we offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/ The Wedding Traveler
Creating a guest list can be quite stressful – especially when your budget is limited and you cannot afford (and simply don’t want to) invite every single person you know. What are the persons you can definitely take off the list, though? We have gathered some tips to help you with this – so read on and find out more.
- Your dad’s friends. Sure, you should definitely invite your parents’ close friends at your wedding. But your dad’s golf friends or your mom’s bingo friends may not be so close to you or to your parents, so you might want to skip inviting them.
- Yes, children are a true joy and yes, you can still have a Flower Girl and a Ring Bearer even if you don’t invite other children. However, be gentle with parents when announcing that it will be a kid-free wedding – you still want the adults to be present at your wedding, right?
- Old high school classmates. You may have been best friends with them a few years ago, but if you haven’t kept in touch, there’s no reason you must invite them to the wedding too.
- All of your workmates. If you have workmates with whom you are very close, it’s perfectly fine to invite them. But that doesn’t mean you have to invite the entire team. After all, you are not that close to them, so they will not even expect to be invited at your wedding.
Searching for a truly unique wedding venue? Why not have your wedding on a restaurant cruise? Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is here to provide you with a splendid cruise ship for you and your guests – and we guarantee it will make for unforgettable moments!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Bob Lockwood
Your wedding dress is more than important to you. However, no matter what type of dress you have your heart set on, it is absolutely crucial that you alter it so that it perfectly fits your body. What are some of the most important things you should know about the wedding dress alteration process? We have gathered them right below – so read on and find out more.
- First and foremost, please keep in mind that you will most likely need 3 separate alteration sessions, each scheduled one month apart from each other. This is precisely why you should make sure to start searching for the dress as soon as possible, so that you have plenty of time for it to arrive and be altered as well.
- Furthermore, it is also very important to know that you should bring your undergarments and shoes with you. If you are not sure what type of undergarments you should wear, ask your tailor or your bridal boutique assistant to teach you about this. Also, it is not necessary that you bring along the exact same pair of shoes you will wear on your wedding day. However, the heels should be as high as those you plan on wearing on the Big Day.
- Last, but definitely not least, keep in mind that the prices for wedding gown alterations can differ a lot. In general, this will depend on the type of dress you have purchased, on its complexity and fabrics, as well as on what type of alterations you need for it as well.
Searching for a completely unique, intimate and elegant wedding venue? Come visit Nina Dandy’s Potomac Party Cruise and we will make sure to provide you with a stunning restaurant cruise just for your Big Day! Contact us, see us and book us for your wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Seniju
Planning a wedding in the chillier season? As the host, you will want your guests to feel excellent when celebrating your union – so you will surely want everything at your wedding to feel cozy, warm and comfortable.
How to do that? We have gathered some ideas that will add the perfect “cozy” vibe to your Big Day – so read on, find out more and inspire yourself.
- Tweed for the centerpieces. Wrap your centerpiece vases in tweed to create a sense of “home”. This fabric is very popular during the chilly months of the year and it will make guests think of comfortable homes and warm fireplaces.
- Welcome boxes. If you have a lot of out-of-town guests, offer them a great “welcome” with boxes that will make their hotel rooms feel cozier and warmer. We suggest you include tea or hot chocolate mixes in these boxes – especially since these are the perfect drinks for cool months.
- Knitted ring pillows. Make your ceremony feel warmer and comfier as well! Replace the more traditional ring pillows with knitted versions and they will look absolutely adorable in the hands of your Ring Bearer.
- Keep everyone warm. If you plan on having an outdoor ceremony, or if you simply want to make sure your guests are fully warmed up at your indoor event too, provide everyone with shawls in your wedding colors. Place them at the entrance in your ceremony site, so that everyone can grab one.
Still searching for a stunning wedding venue in Utah? Come visit The Wellington Den and allow us to help you host a fantastic wedding. Luxurious, elegant and timeless, our venue will welcome your guests in grand style – so we guarantee that both you and everyone else will be more than happy with our services!
Photo source: flickr.com/ danieldflies
Your love story is sweet and candid – so your wedding should be the same as well. Of course, none of your guests will come to your wedding for the sole purpose of eating or drinking – but you will surely want to provide them with the very best there is.
A dessert table is an excellent option if you want to sweeten everyone up. But what are some of the best candy bar inspirational ideas out there? We have gathered them for you – so read on and find out more.
- French dessert. As you may very well know it, the French know their way with sugar and pastries – so why not create a dessert bar inspired by some of their most famous sweet treats? This will add class and elegance to your wedding – and the sweets themselves are bound to be a huge success with the guests too!
- Beautiful pastels. You don’t have to center your candy bar on sweets inspired by a certain geographical region. If you want to, you could create a dessert bar inspired by beautiful pastel colors as well – and it will look truly amazing for sure!
- Everything you love. If you and your future spouse have a sweet tooth for just about anything with sugar in it, you don’t need to actually choose. In fact, you can plan a dessert bar with your all-time favorites even if they are not connected by color or the place they come from. Bring together your childhood cookies, homemade pies and doughnuts – your guests will take great enjoyment in this sweet decadence!
Searching for a completely unique venue in Virginia? Come visit Nina Dandy’s Potomac Party Cruise and book our restaurant cruise for an intimate, elegant and beautiful wedding nobody will ever forget!
Photo source: flickr.com/ fortes