Regardless of how many guests you want to invite at your wedding, you definitely want them to have fun there – and this includes everyone, from your wedding party, to the children invited at the Big Day too.
Providing adults with delicious food, great drinks and amazing music is usually the key to a successful wedding – but do you know how to entertain your youngest guests? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Offer them a special space. Kids don’t need much to have fun, but organizing a special space just for them will make them feel more comfortable among people of the same age as they are. Plus, doing this helps the adults relax better, knowing exactly where their kids are throughout the entire wedding day.
- Offer them arts and crafts supplies. Most kids love coloring and crafts in general – so it’s very likely that those invited at your wedding will be more than happy if you provide them with some arts and crafts supplies.
- Offer them a movie and a “lounge” space. Some cushions, some delicious popcorn and a fun movie for kids – this is all you need for a special relaxation space for the youngest guests at your wedding!
- Last, but definitely not least, photo booths are great for the little ones too! They will have a lot of fun shooting photos of themselves – and if you provide them with some cute costumes for this, they will love it even more!
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a superb wedding venue filled with elegance, uniqueness and true versatility. Come visit our restaurant cruise in Virginia, come see what we offer, and book us for a truly special wedding day everyone will absolutely love!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Sean Davis
Your bridal look is so important for you! After all, this is such a unique moment in your life that it is completely normal to want to look flawlessly gorgeous. How do you achieve that, though? What are some bridal beauty mistakes other ladies have done – and you should avoid?
We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Take your time. Really take your time. If you want to do your makeup on your own, double the time you think you will need to get yourself done to walk down the aisle. Believe us, you will be so nervous even applying the blush will feel like a really hard task.
- Speaking of, learn how to put on falsies if you want them on your wedding day. In truth, false eyelashes can be a complete game-changer for your makeup – but do make sure you know how to apply them with precision, without spending too much time, and without ruining your entire eye makeup either.
- Furthermore, try to avoid very dark eye makeup. Smoky eyes look spectacular and glamorous in real-life, but this type of makeup can frequently look really bad in the pictures. Better stick with something softer and more neutral for your Big Day.
- Last, but definitely not least, avoid red lipstick. It can definitely add a dash of elegance and sophistication – but can very easily smear and lead to a disastrous look. If you really have to wear red lips, be sure to choose an extra-resistant lipstick or lip stain (and test it before the Big Day).
Searching for a truly unique wedding venue to make you and your guests feel special at your wedding? Contact Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise in Virginia and come see what we offer! You will be charmed by our restaurant venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Ashley MacKinnon
Deciding on what to wear to work or to a special event can be tough. But deciding what to wear on your wedding day can feel very much like a true “mission impossible”. With so many wedding gowns to choose from, how do you even conduct your wedding dress shopping with ease? How do you shop for the perfect wedding gown?
Here are some tips to help you with this.
- Start by analyzing the offer. See what designers have in store for the season, take a look at what smaller bridal boutiques offer, analyze cuts, designs and fabrics. Collect pictures of the dresses you like and start shopping with these images in mind. Although you will most likely not choose one of these dresses, they can still give you a very good head start.
- Have a reliable entourage. No, you don’t have to bring everyone with you when shopping for the wedding dress. In fact, a smaller, but more reliable entourage can be a lot more helpful – so stick to a couple of good friends and relatives.
- Listen to the consultants. They’ve been doing this for a long time and they know everything that moves in the world of wedding dresses. Listen to their advice and try on the gowns they suggest. Also, keep in mind that consultants are usually great at suggesting dresses that follow a model similar to that of a designer’s creation, but for a lower budget.
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a superb restaurant wedding venue in Virginia, ready to help you host a sophisticated, unique and absolutely memorable wedding. Come visit us, take a look at what we offer and we guarantee you will truly love it here! What’s more, we guarantee your guests will love it here too!
Photo source: flickr.com/ sagesolar
Your Big Day is bound to be sentimental, full of nervousness, filled with emotion, love and kind feelings. But, beyond everything, this day should be one of the happiest ones of your life – and it should provide you and your guests with memories nobody will ever forget.
The right wedding music playlist can have a huge influence on how everyone feels at your wedding. But do you actually know which 2016 songs deserve to make it to this very important playlist? We have some suggestions – so read on and “steal” some inspiration.
- My House, Flo Rida. This is the ultimate party song! Play it when you want all of your guests to move to the dance floor and have fun!
- Sorry, Justin Bieber. Regardless of whether or not you usually like his music, this Justin Bieber song will surely make everyone want to dance. It’s fun, it’s really high-energy and it will bring everyone to the dance floor in the blink of an eye.
- Hold My Hand, Jesse Glynne. Looking for a party song that adds a bit of romanticism to the mix too? This is it! High-energy, and yet sweet and romantic, this is the kind of song that really couldn’t miss from a 2016 wedding’s playlist!
- New Romantics, Taylor Swift. Speaking of romantics, this song will also bring people to the dance floor, so it’s more than worth considering adding it to your playlist too!
Still searching for a unique, elegant wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and allow yourself to be embraced by the style, sophistication and timelessness of our beautiful restaurant cruise! Come visit us, book us for the Big Day, and allow us to be part of your unforgettable love story!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Ashley R. Photography
Going green has become more than essential in a world that’s slowly running out of resources and facing serious pollution-related issues. And while you may have already gone green with a lot of things in your life, you probably haven’t considered doing the same with your wedding too.
Why would you do it, though? Why would you have a green wedding? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Obviously, it saves the planet. You may think your actions are not so impactful in the grand scheme of things – but the absolute truth is that they are. You and what you do matters more than you can imagine – and having a green wedding can really help the planet. Go green and save the environment with your actions! Inspire others to do the same! This is how great changes are made!
- Believe it or not, it can save you money too. Yes, that’s right. A green wedding will not be expensive, it will actually save you money. There are many items that simply cost less when they are green (and when you add this to the fact that going green is generally a nice gesture to make for mankind’s sake, it will be more than worth it).
- There’s something really gorgeous about rustic simplicity. A timeless kind of elegance, a beauty that never fades away, a sense of simplicity that just makes planning so much smoother and more stress-free – these are just some of the things you can expect to experience by having a green wedding!
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a completely unique wedding venue you will truly love! Come visit our superb restaurant cruise, take a look at what we offer and book us to sail away…on the tides of love itself!
Photo source: flickr.com/ county marquees
The colors you choose for your wedding décor are more than important: they will not only create a well-balanced look, but they will also have a huge influence on the overall ambiance of your Big Day. Colors send powerful messages – and your wedding colors should be carefully chosen, in a way that creates balance and sends across the beautiful message of your love story.
Green is an amazingly strong and energetic color – so, if you are that kind of couple, you will definitely love to see this color at your wedding. How to do it? How to add some green into your Big Day’s décor? Here are some great ideas to inspire you:
- The shoes. Step on in high style by wearing a green pair of shoes. They will look absolutely splendid with your white wedding dress and they will even match perfectly to the foliage in your wedding bouquet.
- The groom’s accessories. Want your groom to look well-matched with the rest of the décor? Use a green tie or bow-tie to add a bit of vibrancy and energy to his elegant attire. He will look so handsome!
- The bridesmaids. These are your best friends – and you surely want them to feel great at your wedding. Dress them in green and they will be stylish and beautiful! This is absolutely perfect for a spring or summer wedding!
- The florals. Bring an boost of high-energy into your wedding by focusing on greenery and foliage for your florals. Not only will this look unique and beautiful, but it will also save you a lot of money (especially since greenery tends to cost less than blooms).
Searching for a venue that’s just as unique as your love story? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and allow us to be part of your amazing Big Day! Come visit us and book our splendid restaurant venue for the most important event of your life!
Photo source: flickr.com/ MsSaraKelly
Undoubtedly, weddings can be really expensive – and while most couples have to pay attention to their budget, this doesn’t mean they cannot have a truly dreamy wedding. In fact, attention to detail and smart savings can go a very long way when it comes to planning a gorgeous, budget-friendly wedding.
For example, your wedding menu will cost quite a lot of money if you are not careful with the details. However, with a few smart ideas, you can save tons of money and still have delicious foods at your wedding. Here are some tips to consider:
- Leave the passed appetizers aside. It can be nice to offer passed appetizers – but if you want to save money, you might want to skip these. Plan a delicious cheese bar or a bread and olive oil bar to replace the more expensive snacks – guests will surely love this!
- Leave the big cake aside too. Wedding cakes tend to be really pricy – so it’s completely understandable if you replace the traditional tiered cake with something less expensive. Having a small ceremonial cake and serving sheet cake slices in the same flavor (or simply organizing a dessert bar separately) can save you a lot of money!
- Disposables are your friends. Buying (or renting) fine china and glassware can stretch your budget far beyond what you would expect. If you add the cleanup costs to this, you can definitely see why disposables are such a great idea – and even more so when they are recyclable and eco-friendly.
Searching for a superb, intimate wedding venue in Virginia? How about you consider something completely unique – such as our beautiful restaurant cruise here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise? Come visit us, take a look at what we offer and you will definitely want to book us for the Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ aZerato
As you may very well know it, having a wedding website can come as extremely handy when you want to share larger pieces of information with your guests, when you want to share info about the wedding planning process, or, ultimately, when you want to share information that’s not appropriate for the wedding invitations.
What are some of the most important do’s and don’ts of creating wedding website? We have gathered them for you – so read on and find out more.
- Do share information about food and accommodation in the area. This will be extremely helpful for those out-of-town guests who have never been to your location before, but want to ensure they have a great time while there.
- Do inform guests about any kind of social media guidelines you may have. If you have a hashtag, your wedding website is the perfect place to introduce it to your guests – and it is also a very good place to let people know that you’re having an unplugged wedding and you don’t want anyone to post photos on the social media during the wedding.
- Do share info about other wedding-related events (such as a post-wedding brunch, for example). As long as everyone is invited, you are more than free to talk about it on the wedding website.
- Don’t have a website-only RSVP. Some of the guests may be a lot more comfortable sending the RSVPs via traditional mail – and your job is to make this as easy as possible for them.
- Don’t use acronyms. There will be guests who will not understand them and this can lead to terrible confusions. From acronyms related to the VIPs at the wedding (e.g. “MOH”) to acronyms related to the regional expressions , there’s a long list of words that can create confusion among your wedding guests.
- Don’t talk about pre-wedding events. Most of these events do not include your entire wedding guest list – and talking about them on the official website may make those not invited feel awkward or “left out”.
Searching for a unique, elegant and sophisticated wedding venue? Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a superb option for couples who want to tie the knot in a truly special, intimate place. Come visit our restaurant cruise and book us for the Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Rowena of the Rants
With warm weather and an abundance of blooms sending positive vibes in the air, it is really no wonder why spring and summer make for the top choices when it comes to wedding seasons. And if you are one of the brides who has already decided on a warm day of spring or summer for the big event, you definitely want this moment to be perfect from all points of view.
How do you do that? How do you steal inspiration from spring to incorporate it into your Big Day? What are some of the top trends to consider? We have some ideas for you – so read on to find your inspiration.
- Watercolor scheme. If you want your spring or summer wedding to feel and look suave, delicate and extremely elegant, think of a watercolor-like palette. There’s a myriad of options you have, most of the colors look stunning with each other and they can be easily incorporated regardless of the type of venue you choose – be it an outdoor one or something completely unique, such as a restaurant cruise.
- Tall wedding cake. Want to “steal” from the grandeur of summer and spring? Create a cake that reaches for the blue skies in multiple tiers. Decorate it with fresh flowers for a positive appeal, metallic colors for a glam-chic look or leave it naked for a stunning natural vibe.
- Lush blooms. Since it’s summer and there are so many flower options available, you could make this the center of attention at your wedding. Fill your décor with gorgeous, overflowing blooms and bring them into your bridesmaids’ dresses designs as well. And, if you want to be truly unique, why not bring some delicate blooms into your wedding dress too?
Searching for a special venue that will provide you with a gorgeous spot for your Big Day? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise! Elegant, unique and sophisticated, our restaurant venue is here to help you have a truly unforgettable wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Mina Magiska Bakverk (My Magical Pastries)
Music makes the world go round – and, considering how hugely important your wedding day is for you, music will surely play a crucial role in it. Why would you choose a wedding band, rather than a DJ, though? Here are some of the tips you should consider before booking anyone:
- The atmosphere. While a DJ can definitely work a room and play music that’s simply perfect for your wedding’s style and for the particular vibes in the crowd, the atmosphere at your wedding will be even more memorable if you choose to hire a wedding band. Imagine the raw talent that comes with a beautiful voice and how beautifully it will complement your entire Big Day!
- The non-dancing moments. Again, a DJ can definitely make people stick to the dance floor – but for those moments when your wedding is not about dancing, but about emotion, excitement and hope, a wedding band might actually do better. There’s something about live music that goes absolutely perfectly with moments that are charged with emotion – and believe us, your wedding will have plenty of these!
- The music range. As long as you give your band plenty of time to prepare, they will be able to play any kind of songs you want. Therefore, you should not worry about the band’s repertoire and settle for a DJ just because he provides more variety. Talk to your wedding band a few months in advance and they will be more than happy to play the songs you want!
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a beautiful restaurant cruise ship you will find in Alexandria, VA. Elegant, timeless and truly unique, our restaurant cruise is here to help you have a fabulously unforgettable Big Day – so contact us, come visit us and book us for your wedding! You will not regret it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ friendofdurutti