Many people don’t believe in long distance relationships, but the truth is that they can be just as strong as a “no distance” relationship as well. In the end, it’s all about communication and love – and when these things are part of your relationship, they can conquer the miles.
If you are planning on a long distance wedding, you are probably aware of the fact that it will not be easy. In fact, it’s probably the most difficult way to plan a wedding, especially if you cannot visit your significant other very often or if you cannot visit the place where the wedding will take place too soon.
To keep your sanity and to get the wedding your magnificent love story deserves, here are some basic tips to bear in mind:
- You should know what you want. Sure, it will be difficult to settle on one thing, but make an effort and do it. This way, you will know what to search for and how to organize yourself despite the distance.
- There are things you can do where you live. Choosing the dress, the jewelry, the wedding invitations and a wide range of other wedding-related things can be managed even if you don’t live where the wedding will take place. However, there are things that will have to be booked from afar – the florist, the hairstylist and so on.
- Keep your friends and family close and ask them to help you if you need to. If you want someone you trust to make some of the bookings (the limo, the florist, and so on), don’t be afraid to ask your maid of honor or your mother to lend you a hand. They will be delighted to do it!
- Don’t linger on making decisions, but don’t rush them either. Also, accept the fact that small “errors” may slip in – they do it with non-long distance planning too, so accept them as they are and enjoy the amazingness of this huge moment in your life.
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is in love with love stories – and if you want your long distance wedding to take place on an elegant and unique cruise, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll be more than happy to be part of your story!
Photo source: flickr.com/Yaisog Bonegnasher
A tattoo is the kind of art you keep with you for a lifetime. For many of the ladies out there, their tattoos are really significant for them and for who they are and they will not want to simply remove them for their wedding day. However, if you don’t want your tattoo to show, you should definitely know that there are some ways you can cover it up. Which are the best ones? Here they are:
- This works best with tattoos on the wrist and on the fingers. With some nice fingers, bracelets and/or watches, you can cover these up in high style – and nobody will actually notice that this is what you wanted to do.
- Yes, you can use foundation, concealer and powder to cover up some tattoos, especially those found in the area of your neck and shoulders. Keep in mind that tattoo cover up makeup products are different than other makeup products and they will have a higher coverage. However, pay lots of attention to how you do this: you want everything to look uniform and you want to avoid looking like you’ve just covered a small part of your body with makeup.
- The dress. If nothing works, you can always resort to wearing a gown that covers those areas of the body you chose to embellish with tattoos. For instance, if you have a very large back tattoo (or a small one too), you can avoid wearing a gown that shows the back.
There’s no shame in having a tattoo if you love it. Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we believe every bride is unique and beautiful – regardless of whether or not she has a tattoo. The choice to cover it up is yours, in the end, but our splendid party cruise will welcome you nevertheless! Come and have the time of your life with us!
Photo source: flickr.com/Ally Mauro
The wedding cake is one of the most popular items on every wedding’s menu and many brides choose to put a lot of emphasis on it. If you want your cake to be really special, don’t forget to read on and acquire inspiration because we have gathered some of the best wedding cake topper ideas.
A topper…on the side. Nobody says that you absolutely must place the cake topper on the top of the cake. Choose a cute and fun topper that shows the bride and groom sitting next to each other and place it on one of the cake’s “decks” or on the edge of the top deck.
- Sports fans? If you and your love are big fans of a sport, you can definitely bring that into your cake toppers. There are many options when it comes to this. For instance, you could get cake toppers picturing the bride playing with a basketball and the groom trying to get it from her.
- Yes, you can actually have Lego-inspired cake toppers. They are incredibly fun and they work marvelously for couples who like the game.
- He-puppies and she-puppies, he-owls and she-owls and pretty much every other cute animal on Earth can become your cake toppers. There are some really cute alternatives when it comes to this, so be creative about it.
- The bride “fishing” for the groom, the bride dragging the groom to his wedding – these are amazing and humorous options and a lot of couples settle for them.
- Sexy cake toppers. Spice up your wedding cake with a “hot” cake topper idea. For instance, you could have your cake toppers “touch” each other’s behinds or kissing each other passionately.
Nina Dandy’s Potomac Party Cruise will offer you the best unique wedding venue out there – it’s up to you to bring in the details that will make your wedding truly original! Come and visit our party cruise – we guarantee it will make for an unforgettable wedding indeed!
Photo source: flickr.com/Alex Lupo
Weddings are sweet by definition. However, when you want your guests to be amazed not just by the sweetness of your love story but also by the great taste of your desserts, you should definitely pay attention to the desserts you pick.
Sure, you could go for traditional desserts and serve them to your guests and they would most likely be delighted by them. But if you want your wedding day to be amazing and special, signature desserts are what you need. Here are some great ideas that may inspire you to create your own wedding dessert:
- The season outside can be a great source of inspiration. For example, winter is a season full of hearty flavors such as chestnut, hazelnut and honey so why not incorporate these into your desserts?
- Don’t be afraid to think out of the box. If you feel like you have a great combination idea (such as mint, orange, chocolate and hazelnut), test it and see if it tastes good. If it does, congratulations! You have created a 100% unique dessert for your wedding!
- The way your desserts are presented can be unique too. For instance, if you want to decorate the sweets with something related to your wedding theme, go for cupcakes in the colors of your wedding. Add mini-cake toppers on them and every single guest will be truly impressed!
- Talk to your caterer or to your confectioner about your ideas and ask them if something unique can be created. Most likely, they will be more than open to your ideas!
No matter what dessert you may choose for your wedding, Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise will be here to provide you with a very special wedding venue. Contact us and learn more about our fabulous and elegant wedding cruises!
Photo source: flickr.com/ kimberlykv
Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we believe each and every wedding is special – just as the love story behind it. We love seeing happy couples – and this is why we want to help you create a stylish and unique wedding.
Since winter is just around the corner, we thought you could use some winter wedding advice. We have gathered the best tips on how to make white weddings pop with liveliness and color so make sure to read on and find out more.
- White is not all the same – make good use of the many shades white can take. From snow white to champagne white and blush white, there’s a huge variety of shades this beautiful and feminine color can come into. Incorporate more than one into your wedding style and you’ll add elegance and uniqueness to the décor.
- You can keep the “basics” white: the linens, the chair covers, most of the flowers and so on. However, add a dash of color here and there, such as in the table centerpieces, on the wedding cake, in your bouquet and on your bridesmaids’ dresses too.
- Dusty pastels look amazing when combined with white and they are absolutely marvelous for winter weddings too. Even more, they will go extremely well with dusty miller, which is a winter plant that looks very good on floral arrangements and wedding bouquets.
- For even more boldness, go for deep pine green and bright red. These two colors will always make people think of Christmas and what else is more wintery than this wonderful celebration of happiness and light?
- Purple, blueberry blue and other shades of blue can work really well for white winter weddings too! They are deep and beautiful and they will add a splash of color to the décor.
- Have a candy bar with sweets colored in white and some of the above-mentioned colors. It will add a lot to the entire wedding décor and it will be delicious too!
- Decorate the Christmas tree for your winter wedding. The green of the leaves will go amazingly well with white and red or dusty pastel ornaments. Plus, it will add something unique and full of color to the room.
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is waiting for your big party to start! We can provide you with a really special “background” for your wedding so do not hesitate to pay us a visit and learn more about our venue.
Photo source: flickr.com/ kylekuo
Picking that one perfect wedding gown can be a troublesome thing, especially when there are so many options out there! Many brides these days choose to buy two or even three dresses for their big day – and that’s understandable, especially under certain circumstances. If your budget allows it, check out with the following common reasons for which many brides settle for more than one wedding dress.
- They can’t decide. We all know just how stunning wedding dresses look. Why would you have to settle on one only? If you really want to change your dress, there’s nobody to stop you from doing it!
- They are having a summer wedding and they are afraid that the heat will ruin their first dress. This is especially true for those brides who are having their ceremony on a very sunny location.
- They want to have a backup dress in case wine or food is spilled on the “original” one. Instead of simply going about your day as if nothing happened, why not simply change into something else?
- They want a big and puffy ball gown for the ceremony and a more comfortable dress for the reception. This way, they can feel like princesses and dance freely as well.
- They want dresses of different colors. Nowadays, there are many brides who wish to be dressed in something else than white for their big day. Going for a white gown for the ceremony and for a colored one for the reception can help them “make the most of both worlds”.
Regardless of what you choose, Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise will be there for you. Our elegant and unique party cruise ship is ready for your big day! All you have to do is book it and enjoy your wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/John Hope
For those of you who love the magic of winter, having your wedding in this season comes as a completely natural choice. Winter weddings can be extremely elegant and beautiful and, if you make sure to decorate the venue according to the season outside, they can be really unique as well.
We have gathered some of the very best tips on how t decorate a winter wedding, so that your job is at least a bit easier when it comes to this. Read on and find out more!
- Which are the colors that will always make you think of winter? Christmas tree green, red cranberries, silver, purple and plum, black, white, dusty blue, deep navy blue and gold are all colors we do associate with winter and with its holidays. You can bring these into your wedding as well – and all it will take will be a bit of imagination!
- Your table center pieces don’t have to be made of flowers only (or at least not just flowers). Twigs painted in silver, Christmas tree branches, mistletoe – all these things can make for wonderful center pieces that really go well with the season outside.
- If you are having a Christmas wedding, make sure to decorate everything according to this holiday. You can even have a fully decorated Christmas tree with presents underneath (your wedding favors for the guests, for example).
- New Year’s weddings are also quite popular out there, and if you are settling for this date, make sure to bring in some Happy New Year decorations as well.
Use your imagination and your winter wedding will be torn out of fairy tales! Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we can provide you with a place for your magical wedding day regardless of the season. Even more than that, we will be genuinely happy to be part of this important day of your life!
Photo source: flickr.com/ merrilywed
Weddings are really important in people’s lives, so there’s really no wonder then that many couples choose to go a very long way when it comes to making this day very special for them and for the people they invite at their wedding as well.
However, a wedding is definitely not an easy thing to plan out, especially if you are bound on making sure that everything’s perfect. And while weddings are generally quite traditional, there should be absolutely nothing in the world to stop you from making good use of the technology available out there as well. The following apps will definitely help you make the entire wedding planning process much easier, so make sure to give them a try:
- Evernote. Forget about the endless number of sheets of paper lying around your house and go “green” when it comes to your wedding plans. Evernote is one of the best note-taking apps on the market. It is free, it will allow you to sync the notes with other people as well and it will also provide you with the necessary tools to make sure that your notes are properly organized as well.
- Mint. If you don’t want to exceed your budget, this is the app to have. Download it and make sure to keep it up to date so that you can track your spending for the big day!
- LiveLens. You will want everyone dear to you to be there on your wedding day, but unfortunately, this is not always possible. LiveLens will allow you to stream your wedding to those living too far. Although this is not exactly a wedding planning app, it will definitely be a more than nice addition if you find yourself in this situation.
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise can provide you with an excellent option when it comes to your wedding venue. With or without apps, you will be able to plan a dream wedding on our wonderful cruise ship – and that’s definitely something every single guest will remember for many years to come!
Photo source: flickr.com/ wundering02
You have been planning for this moment ever since you were 5. You thought about what wedding dress you will want, about how your bouquet will look and about the colors your wedding will be centered around.
But did you think about how will you serve food to your guests? The two main options you have are going for a wedding buffet or for a sit-down menu. Which one to pick? Here are some of the things you should keep in mind if you want to make the most suitable choice:
- Going for a wedding buffet is a great option if you want to serve more types of food and if you want to make sure every guest will have a taste of what they like.
- Also, if you know some of your wedding guests may have different dietary choices (such as being vegan or gluten-free), a buffet will be a good choice that will allow them to pick only the foods they want to eat.
- Sit-down menus are great for weddings that are really elegant and classy. If you want to spoil your guests with a truly stylish treatment, this is the way to do it!
- However, if your budget is tighter and if you want to avoid having to pay for too many waiters, a buffet will be a more suitable choice.
- Buffets can look really elegant and beautiful as well and they don’t have to look like a table filled with several plates full of food. If you ask your caterers, they could come up with some really nice arrangements too.
Whatever you choose, don’t forget the fact that Nina’s Dandy Potmomac Party Cruise can provide you with a unique setting for your wedding! Regardless of your food choice, we’ll be there to make this day magical for you so do not hesitate to contact us!
Photo source: flickr.com/ yosoynuts
The big day will come and go, but you will also want to make sure that you spend your first days as a married couple somewhere nice. After all the frenzy with the wedding planning-related tasks, you do deserve a nice holiday!
Where to go on your honeymoon though? The world is indeed full of wonderful places, but which ones are the very best and the most romantic ones? Here’s a list of five destination honeymoon locations you will definitely love:
- If you always wanted to see at least one country in Europe, this is the right time to do it! And what other country can be fuller of romance than bella Italia? There are many amazingly beautiful cities in Italy, but Venice, Rome, Milano and Verona are the most romantic ones and they make for perfect honeymoon destinations.
- If you want to keep it on the Old Continent but you are more inclined to pick a beach honeymoon destination, go for one of the stunning Greek islands. Excellent service, superb landscapes and romance surrounding you from everywhere – they are all waiting for you in Greece!
- Keeping it in the US this time, Hawaii is a stunning destination any way you look at it. But when it comes to honeymoons, it is absolutely amazing! Plus, the transportation costs will not be as high, so you can really afford something luxurious and nice!
- Bora-Bora. If you want something exotic and unique for your honeymoon, Bora-Bora in the French Polynesia is what you are searching for. Amazing scenery and unforgettable memories!
- Themed parks, sun and fun – if this is what you want for your honeymoon, don’t go much further than Florida. This is perfect for couples who want to be active and to have tons of fun on their honeymoon!
If you are still planning your wedding and the thought of your honeymoon is still among the last ones on the list come check out with Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our venue is perfect for magical moments and we would love your wedding to be like that too!
Photo source: flickr.com/Natesh Ramasamy