Your wedding day is not just any other party you may attend to. It is the one day when every single bride on Earth feels like true royalty and it is the day when the rest of your life begins! Therefore, your wedding dress should be worthy of such a significant event in your life and you should choose it carefully.
Aside from embellishments, fabric and design, you will also have to think of how revealing your wedding dress should be. The truth is that these days there is no actual rule when it comes to this and that you are free to choose whatever you want to when it comes to how much skin your dress will show. However, you may want to take into consideration the following things:
- If you are going for a very traditional, very formal wedding, a long wedding dress would fit better. It is perfectly fine to show some skin in the upper section (cleavage, shoulders, arms and so on), but it would be better to be “hidden” from your mid-section downwards.
- If your wedding is less formal, the length of your dress can be shorter too. It is not uncommon that brides choose short wedding dresses, but if you do want this, make sure that the design really fits you.
- If you want to reveal something of both your upper and your lower body, go for a dress with a decent cleavage (it can show shoulders and back as well) and with a slight slit on the side or in the back part of the gown.
- When choosing the dress, bring a camera with you. This way, you will be able to tell whether it looks as good in the pictures as it does in real life and you will be able to choose one that reveals just enough skin to make you look gorgeous.
No matter how revealing your dress will be, it will definitely fit perfectly into Potomac Party Cruise’s “floating” wedding venue. Romantic, stunning and luxurious, our cruises are great for weddings and other important events too, so do not hesitate to contact us!
Photo credit: Elie Saab via theweddingspecialists.net
Aside from the First Dance, there is another great moment that is eagerly awaited by everyone invited: the cake. Everybody loves spectacular wedding cakes and everybody will be awaiting for their own slice of sweet treat, but the truth is that choosing a wedding cake may just be much more difficult than it appears to be.
There are thousands and thousands of variations and, on top of everything, bringing your preferences together with those of your husband’s and with those of everybody invited at the party can feel close to impossible. A dessert bar may be the thing you’ve been searching for and if you are considering the idea, make sure to check with the reasons that will definitely make you settle on it:
- A dessert bar gives you plenty of room to bring all kinds of cookies and sweets you want to. If you know there will be gluten sensitive, lactose sensitive or vegan people at the party, you can even provide them with something because there are a lot of delicious options that can look as fancy and as stunning as you want them to look!
- You can really be creative with this. With an arrangement that looks good, nobody will feel that a cake would have been better. You can have the desserts arranged in ways that absolutely fascinating, so there’s really no need to worry about missing out on the “fanciness” behind a classic wedding cake.
- No more fighting with your mother, mother-in-law and husband-to-be on what the cake should be filled with! Now everyone can have it their way!
- A dessert bar is still a more original idea than wedding cakes and it can really surprise your guests.
Regardless of your dessert choice, we can accommodate your wedding party on a stunning cruise ship to suit this very important moment in your life. Allow you and your guests to flow on the clean and silent waters while you are having the time of your life!
Photo credit: flickr.com/kristinausk
If you are like most of the ladies out there, you have been dreaming of your perfect wedding ever since you were a little girl. The event itself is a splendid celebration of life and love and the fact that we get to be princes and princesses for at least that one day adds a lot to just how much most of the women out there are into weddings.
Organizing the perfect wedding is not an easy task though – especially with so many thing to handle before the big day. Even more than that, new and old trends overlapping can make one feel confused over what their wedding should be like. For instance, a lot of the people out there do not know for sure just how many segments their wedding should have. If you are among them, you have come to the right place because they are explained as it follows:
- The wedding ceremony – this is officiated by a priest, by a reverend or by some authority and it is the part where the bride and the groom finally say “I Do”.
- The wedding reception – this is the actual party the newlyweds throw in honor of their wedding. It can be a big party, a small reception or any other type of event you want.
- The cocktail hour – sometimes, the cocktail hour is introduced in between the ceremony and the reception, especially because it allows the bride and groom to take some pictures. If the wedding ceremony is set early in the morning and the reception late in the evening, then it would definitely be nice to entertain your guests with some drinks and snacks and the so-called “cocktail hour” is the perfect way to do this.
- The rehearsal dinner – this is the dinner that is organized before the actual reception (one day before, for example) and which is meant to make sure that everything will be in perfect order on the big day as well.
Organizing a rehearsal dinner or not and organizing a cocktail hour or not depends solely on what you want. But while you are thinking of this, do make sure to check out with the amazing option of holding your wedding ceremony and reception on a boat (such as those at Dandy Restaurant Cruises, for example) – this way, you make sure there is absolutely no way in the world your guests can get bored while you shoot some photos!
Photo credit: flickr.com/Kelly Sue DeConnick
For most brides and grooms a wedding day can be stressful. But it doesn’t have to be. There are several things you can do to relieve stress.
Here are some effective ways to keep those nerves at bay:
- Wake up completely refreshed. You need to go to bed the night before the wedding as early as possible to make sure that you can always be the best the next morning.
- Give yourself adequate time to prepare. Take time to relax. In case you are already experiencing a bit of stress, just breathe deeply. You also need to think that this is your day at the end of it you’ll be Mr. or Mrs. What a great feeling.
- Do not overuse perfume. Heavy quantity of perfumes can make you experience nauseous.
- Put things which are not relevant to your wedding day out of your mind. It is essential to put emphasis on the wedding before trying to focus on other things. This is your special day so why waste your time on irrelevant things and can rob your joy?
- Mind over matter. Tell yourself that you’re not stressed and believe it. Smile and your entire day will be lifted. Believe it!
- Always be true to yourself and be confident enough to face your day.
Of course we’re here to help you get through your wedding day with nothing but joy. We’ve seen stress and we know how to help a bride or groom handle it. Why not give us a call and schedule a ride aboard one of our ships. You can relax and drift away into the sunset.
As a wedding venue in Alexandria VA, you can imagine how many wedding celebrations we’ve been a part of. A big part of those weddings are the vows. These are important simply because they lay the groundwork for a future life together. If they are done right, they are the most powerful part of the whole day.
If you are considering creating your own wedding vows, then it makes perfect sense to plan out the meaning of the vows, and to think carefully about the message you are trying to convey to your future partner. It isn’t always easy to get this right, and in this post we will look at how you can create wedding vows that are actually meaningful.
Try and get a lose draft arranged around three weeks before the wedding date. This gives you an opportunity to check the vows with other people that mean a lot to you and can be good judges of the quality of the work you have created. Preparation is obviously vital for this kind of writing.
Think about the feelings you had the first time you met your future partner. What did you feel and how intense were those feelings? If you are able to gather together your thoughts in this way, you will be able to create a mood in your vows that is both meaningful to both of you and incredibly romantic.
One caveat involves the personal nature of vows. It is your responsibility to ensure that your vows are not too personal and cryptic, so much so that your audience really cannot understand what you are talking about. This is a common failing of many self-written vows. So make them meaningful by looking at your own feelings, but don’t make them too obscure.
Although we’re a wedding venue, we work with several excellent wedding professionals that can help you plan out your wedding vows. So give us a call if you want need any references…and of course, come check out what we can offer in regards your wedding venue.
When it comes to drinks at a wedding, there is always room for improvement. There will be a lot of people attending the bar or the drinks section throughout the wedding, and even more during the summers. However, if your drinks fail to keep your guests hydrated and in the right mood, then you are not doing a very good job. Summer cocktails have to be chilled, refreshing, and tasty to make sure they get the thumps up that you so dearly want. If you are considering your choices for drinks at the wedding, we have some amazing ideas just for you!
The Mocha Martini is your solution cocktail from all the staying up late and waking up early dilemmas that are reminiscent to wedding. It’s a fairly simple drink to make but it’s one that will keep your guests wide awake and ready to have some fun. Mix coffee vodka with mocha and some vanilla cream and you have the perfect summer martini!
Our personal favorite, the Rosé Crush is one cocktail that you must have for a summer wedding. Put some crushed ice in a martini glass and pour around 2 to 3 r rosé wine shots with 1 shot of cranberry, raspberry, and orange juice. Mix them all together and garnish with a sprig of mint to have a refreshing and light summer cocktail!
Death By Vodka
Death By Vodka is a powerful cocktail that you would definitely want to have before hitting the dance floor. Pour 3 shots of absolute vodka with one shot of apple gin and sour mix. Garnish it up with a slice of orange and you have a cocktail that has fun written all over it.
Like our suggestions? Watch this space because there’s a lot more to come!
Tips for Keeping a Mini-Crisis at Bay
Every bride wants her special day to got smoothly. However, it is a fact of life that we cannot be guarantee everything will go according to plan. So, it is best to have a few tricks up our sleeves to help deal with anything that arises.
It is common that a bride discovers after wearing her gown for an hour or more that seams, beads, and fabrics may start to irritate her skin. Anti-chafing cream is one solution, another solution many brides find useful is water –based silicon products, such as those used to tame fly away hair.
Beat the Bloat
There are many reasons why you may wake up feeling a bit bloated. Nerves can even play a part in this. Avoid coffee if you are feeling at all bloated, as this will add to the problem. Non-carbinated drinks, and tea can keep you hydrated without adding to the discomfort. Mint tea can help calm your nerves as well.
Whether you are doing your own hair or having it professionally styled for the big day, wash it the day before your wedding, not the on the day. Your natural hair oils will work to your advantage, and help keep the style in place during the styling process and beyond.
No one wants to see the bride slip on the dancefloor! You will need to break in new shoes anyway, so go for a walk to break them in and scuff the soles so they will not be slippery.
Last Minute Panic Prevention
Put anything you will need to take with you in a bag next to the door. Remember to include any paper work you will need.
Contact us today to ask about our Washington DC wedding venues!http://dandyrestaurantcruises.com/contact-us/
Singer and fashionista Jessica Simpson said I do to Eric Johnson in a fabulous California ceremony. The pair chose to enter the ceremony together, getting plenty of cheers from their guests.
Jessica’s father served as officiant, and the couple’s two children were also involved. Their son was the ring bearer and their daugther served as the flower girl.
While official photos haven’t been released, it has gotten out that Jessica wore a dress by Carolina Herrera. The champagne and gold gown was a custom design made just for the bride.
The overall tone of the wedding was very family oriented, but certaony not short on glamor. Guests were given lavish bags of wedding favors as they left, which for many guests was after 5 am the next morning!
Jessica and Eric seem to have had a wedding that was truly special and we wish them our congratulations! If you’re planning your wedding and are looking for a Washington DC wedding venue that is something as special as your day should be, give us a call!
Photo: Instagram/Jessica Simpson
Champagne is a traditional part of many weddings. It’s used for welcome drinks, toasts, and is often sipped throughout the night. It is a luxury beverage, giving everyone a sense of just how special a day your wedding is. However, it’s not everyone’s taste and it can also be a big budget buster. If you’re looking for alternatives to champagne for your wedding, here are some great ideas.
If you like the taste, but not the cost… Look at other sparkling wines. Prosecco and cava are frequently used instead of champagne and offer a more budget-friendly sparkling wine.
If you prefer a sweeter wine… Consider a lambrusco or moscato wine. These will give your guests a different flavor with just the right amount of fizz for the occasion.
If you don’t want anything wine-based… A small-batch craft beer can be a great substitution. A fruit beer can offer a sweet flavor while a darker beer can give a rich, savory edge.
If you want something alcohol free… Have your bartender create a sparkling fruit punch for the big day. Sparkling water can be added to a combination of juices and syrups for a truly customized flavor.
Whatever you offer your guests, you’ll want to do it in a fabulous venue. To find out more about using Dandy Restaurant Cruises for your Washington DC wedding, give us a call today!
Photo: Flickr/Jan Smith
It’s officially summer, and that means it’s time for summer weddings. Here in Washington DC, summer can get very hot, and your guests might not be prepared for the humidity. If you’re planning a summer wedding, you’ll want to offer ways for them to beat the heat.
One great way is to choose a Washington DC wedding venue that is great in the warm weather. Our boats offer the comfort of an indoor venue, but also allow guests the fun of being outdoors and on the water. Our outer deck gives guests the chance to feel the warm summer breeze while seeing the nation’s best monuments.
You should also give your guests lots of refreshments. Water is a must, and can be presented in a variety of ways. You can offer personalized bottles of water, which your guests can also take with them as an extra favor. Beautiful drinks dispensers are another way to offer drinks, and are perfect for infused water that looks and tastes gorgeous.
If you’re planning a summer wedding, check out what we offer on board our restaurant cruises. To find out more, give us a call today!