Finding the perfect wedding dress is one of the most important things a bride-to-be will have to do once she starts planning her Big Day. What happens when you don’t want to wear a dress at your wedding, though?
Wedding pantsuits have become extremely popular over the course of the past few years – and if you plan on being a non-traditional bride, they could be an amazing choice for you too. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Classy white. Wearing a classy white pantsuit will be a true fashion statement for all those brides who want to be truly unique. A pair of elegant white pants and a white jacket can really go a long way!
- Feminine pantsuit. If you don’t want to wear a dress, but you still crave for the feminine look offered by lace, why not go for a beautiful pantsuit designed in a truly feminine way? For instance, you could wear a white overall made with lace and designed in a way that embraces femininity with grace.
- Classy cut and embroidery. If you want your look to be somewhere in between “timeless elegance” and “gorgeous delicacy”, go for a pantsuit with a very classy cut (think Chanel pantsuits) and opt for a beautifully embroidery for the fabric. Pair everything with a statement wedding veil that will emphasize your natural grace and beauty.
And if you are searching for a wedding venue that’s just as unconventional as you, come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our stunning restaurant cruise ship is ready to host a non-traditional, modern wedding that will be unforgettable for every single guest invited. Contact us, find out more about our venue and services and book us for the Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ jk+too
Your wedding is an important event for everyone involved – including your bridesmaids. Thus, you will want them to look at their best – and accessories play a very important role in this. Allowing your bridesmaids to choose their own accessories is a really great idea. However, keep in mind that you should not do this in a completely random way. Here are some tips to help you with this:
- Give them some guidelines. Tell them what metals and/or colors they are allowed to wear and make sure to tell them about a certain size they are allowed to wear as well. This way, your bridesmaids will look in tone with the wedding itself, but they will be unique as well.
- Tell them what kind of jewelry they should focus on. If you think their dresses would look best if they focused on the earrings, make sure to mention this to them. If you think a statement necklace would look much better with their dresses and with the general wedding style, talk about this with them as well.
- Share some ideas with them. If you feel that this would help, create a Pinterest board and share your ideas with the bridesmaids. This way, they will get a clearer idea of what type of jewelry you want them to wear at your wedding.
If you want your wedding venue to be really unique and to contribute a lot to an unforgettable wedding, make sure to visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our gorgeous restaurant party cruise is here to host the most beautiful day of your life – just give us a call, take a look at what we have to offer and we guarantee you will never regret having chosen us!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Cody Ryan Reigle
Brides are always gorgeous, regardless of when exactly their wedding takes place. Still, if you want to be a stunning summer bride, you should definitely make sure to choose the right accessories. Following, we have gathered some of the most important ideas to inspire you, so read on if you want to find out more.
- Discrete sparkly studs. You don’t need a lot of accessories to feel truly beautiful on your wedding day. You just need the right ones – those pieces that emphasize your natural beauty. And a pair of small, sparkly studs is perfect if you want to look fresh and elegant at the same time too.
- Floral statement bracelets. It’s summer, so there’s absolutely no reason not to bring at least a bit of that flowery feeling into your wedding look too. If you want to do this in a subtle, yet really fashionable way, a floral statement bracelet is precisely what you need.
- Elegant hairpin. Regardless of whether you want to wear a veil on your wedding day, accessorizing your hairstyle with a beautiful pin will add a lot to the entire look. Go for something simple, elegant and yet great-looking (such as a pin with white flowers and pearls) and you will feel amazing wearing it.
- Sparkly clutch. You must not forget about your emergency kit either – and what other way to store it better than in a stylish, sparkly clutch? Go for a blue-tinted or a blush pink shade if you want to add a pop of color to your bridal look.
No matter what you choose, you can rest assured that your look will perfectly match our venue. Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a wonderful restaurant cruise that will surely make for a stunning, unique and unforgettable wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ mat’s eye
Your wedding menu is undoubtedly one of the most important parts of your wedding – and not because your guests will be there just to eat, but because good food has the amazing power of making people feel really good.
Despite what some may think, your wedding menu does not have to cost a fortune – and it doesn’t have to be made out of complex, fancy foods either. In fact, most guests will be more than happy with good-looking and amazing-tasting comfort foods too. Here are some great comfort food ideas to inspire your wedding too:
- Mini cheeseburgers. We all love them. Sinful, unhealthy and yet so comforting for the soul, cheeseburgers are an all-time favorite for people of all ages. Why not serve some mini cheeseburgers at your wedding and bring a smile on your guests’ faces?
- Tomato soup shots and grilled cheese. Forget about fancy French cheese and serve your guests their favorite snack: grilled cheese. Pair it with tomato soup shots and all of your guests will absolutely love this refreshing, delicious idea.
- If you want to avoid having a traditional tiered cake for your wedding, doughnuts are a wonderful alternative. Sprinkle them with fun toppings, make a nice arrangement with them and your guests will be delighted with these sweet treats.
- Ice cream. If you feel the weather outside is too hot for doughnuts, ice cream is a perfect alternative. Provide your guests with a variety of ice cream flavors to choose from and combine and you’ll keep them more than happy!
If you are searching for a unique, non-traditional wedding venue, come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Why have your wedding in a traditional ballroom when you can have it on an elegant restaurant cruise? Contact us and find out more!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Ryan A. Monson
Same as with every other wedding-related item, you will want your wedding programs to be unique and to look really stylish. And because we understand how much you want everything to be personal, beautiful and completely original, we have gathered some amazing ideas to inspire you when it comes to the wedding programs – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Woven fans. Summer is still here and if you plan on having a Summer wedding, providing your guests with some fans to cool them off is almost a “must”. Why not make your fans and your wedding programs one and the same thing, though? You don’t have to make fans out of your wedding programs if you don’t think this will be elegant enough. What you can do though is stick the programs to some stylish, woven fans – and your guests will surely love the idea.
- Furthermore, you can double your wedding fans and programs as fun exclamation signs perfect for the photos too. Write your wedding’s details on one side and fun quotes or exclamations on the other side – and your guests will not only use them to cool themselves off, but they will also use them in the wedding photo too.
- Be a bit playful. Summer weddings are the perfect time to be a bit playful – so don’t limit your creativity when it comes to the wedding program designs. From wedding party caricatures to wedding programs transformed in fun cootie catchers or confetti pockets, there’s a myriad of ideas you can use for your Big Day too.
And if you are searching for a venue just as unique as you and your fiancé are, come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our stunning restaurant cruise will surely make for an unforgettable wedding day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ clared23
Being a bride-to-be is difficult – but sometimes, being a groom-to-be can be just as difficult, especially when you truly want to be there for your future wife and you don’t know how to do this. What are the things all brides-to-be would like to hear from their fiancés, though? Read on and find out more.
- Offering to help. That’s it. Sometimes, it’s that Ask her if you can help her with anything – stamping the wedding invitations, tying the ribbons on the wedding favors or picking the right flower combination for the centerpieces.
- Asking about the First Dance. Aside from walking down the aisle, the First Dance is usually the most emotional moment for most brides out there. Thus, it is important to her that she knows you are just as interested in the First Dance as she is. Talk to her, decide on a song that means something for both of you and she will be more than happy.
- Offering to do a wedding planning activity. It may be visiting the caterer or picking up the Save the Date cards. It may also be listening to several bands and seeing which one is most suitable for your type of wedding. As long as it’s wedding planning-related, she will be more than thankful to have you on her side.
- Asking her to take a look at her wedding-related Pins, clips and photos. There’s really nothing she wants more from you than to know that you are just as much into this as she is. And asking her to share her ideas with you is one of the first steps to creating a wedding that looks and feels like both of you.
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is an elegant cruise that could be the perfect wedding venue for your Big Day. Come visit us, take a look around and book us for the big “I Do”!
Photo source: flickr.com/ James Jordan
As a bride, you’ll want to be drop-dead-gorgeous on your wedding day – and that’s absolutely natural. However, that doesn’t mean that you have to wear high heels if you don’t feel comfortable with this. In fact, flats are a perfectly viable option too! Here are some ideas to help you look beautiful and feel comfy on your Big Day:
- Flats are more than versatile and you can definitely wear them to your wedding gown. If you want a grand entrance at the ceremony though, you can always choose to wear high heels there and to replace your shoes with a pair of flats later on at the reception.
- There are so many designs for flats that it will be impossible not to find something! From glittery flats to simple, white flats and to flats that show a bit of blue (just enough for your “Something Blue”), there’s something for everyone out there.
- If you want your shoes to be truly unique, you can always buy a custom-made or unique pair for your wedding day. With the Internet on your side, you are more than likely to find someone who either personalizes shoes or creates them from scrap in a completely unique way. This will add a lot to your wedding look – and it will keep you comfortable (and dancing all night long).
If you want your wedding venue to be as unique as you are, come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our beautiful restaurant cruise has hosted many weddings over the course of the years – and truth be told, all of our couples have been more than happy with what we offered! Visit us and book us for the Big Day! You will NOT regret it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ ClatieK
Having a wedding reception dinner used to be the only “acceptable” way of planning a wedding. However, the truth is that nowadays a lot of couples choose to set their wedding for other moments of the day – and this includes early-to-mid morning too.
Why would you have a wedding reception brunch, though? Read here and find out more:
- It can be less expensive. This is not a rule of thumb, but in general wedding dinners tend to be more expensive than weddings that take place in any other moment of the day. In general, a brunch menu can range between little under $20 to almost $100 – but this depends a lot on the venue and on the type of menu you choose.
- It’s more relaxed, but still very elegant. If you thought a wedding brunch could only be really informal, think again. You can make your wedding brunch as formal or as informal as you want it to be. For instance, if you want your Big Day to be really classy, you could decorate the venue with opulent flower bouquets and you could serve a wide range of delicious foods that are rare and unique.
- It’s perfect for a sober wedding. If you don’t want to serve alcohol at your wedding (or if you want to serve only very light alcohol), a brunch is the perfect choice. There are so many amazing non-alcoholic cocktails out there that nobody will actually miss the liquor!
Searching for the perfect venue for an unforgettable wedding day? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our restaurant cruise is elegant, beautiful and truly unique – and we guarantee you will absolutely love everything we have prepared for you and for your Big Day. Contact us and find out more about our venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Kris Krug
Weddings are traditionally held in very “formal” environments (such as elegant wedding venues or ballrooms). However, that doesn’t mean that you absolutely have to follow the same wedding pattern too.
In fact, if you want your Big Day to be inspired by those fun moments you spent camping, you should definitely go for it. Here are some really nice ideas to incorporate into your “wedding camping” theme even if you don’t actually “camp out” for your Big Day.
- Wooden invitations. Bring pieces of nature in your invitations and you will surely arouse your guests’ curiosity. You can either choose to have paper invitations that are printed with a wood-like design or you can choose to have invitations made out of actual wood.
- S’mores. If this doesn’t say “camping” we don’t know what does! Bring S’mores into your wedding favors, on your wedding dessert bar or even into your wedding cake and your guests will definitely be happy with your choice. This is the kind of sweet treat everyone loves, so there’s absolutely no reason not to go for it.
- Create a lounge area – and sprinkle it with camp site-related motifs. From “Indian tents” to wooden barrels, there are a lot of items you can bring into your wedding lounge area. Use your creativity and you will come up with something that’s truly unique and memorable!
Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we love it when brides and grooms come with their own original ideas. We understand each couple is different and that each love story is magical in its own way – and this is precisely why we have created a wedding venue that’s just as unique as your own “fairy tale”. Come visit us and you will definitely love what we can offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/ lovelihood
Having one or two signature cocktails at your wedding is a great way to add some uniqueness to the entire party – and your guests will definitely love the idea. What cocktail names to choose for the Big Day, though? We have put together some of the best ideas out there – so if you need some inspiration, make sure to read on and find out more.
- Use clever puns to “shift” the classic cocktail names towards a more “wedding-like” atmosphere. For instance, instead of serving a simple Mojito, you could serve a “Mint to Be Mojito”.
- If you are a big fan of the Bloody Marry, cocktail, “re-brand” it to suit your wedding and call it “Bloody Marry Me”. This is perfect for a wedding themed around shades of red or for a Halloween wedding.
- Want a fruity cocktail for your wedding? Serve your guests with an Appletini and re-name it “Apple-tini of My Eye”. This is a cute idea everyone will surely love!
- If you want a more “casual” type of drink for your Big Day, beer will make for the perfect choice. Select good beers to serve your guests and name them “Ale You Need Is Love”. This works really good with personalized Mason Jars and rustic/outdoor weddings.
- And if you want a more exotic cocktail for your wedding, a Mai Tai will definitely please you. Re-name it “Mai Tai the Knot” and it will instantly receive a more wedding-oriented appeal.
Nina Dandy’s Potomac Party Cruise is one of the most unique wedding venues you have ever seen! Come visit our beautiful restaurant cruise, take a look around and book us if you want your Big Day to be just as unique as your love story is!
Photo source: flickr.com/ samantha celera