The big day will come and go, but you will also want to make sure that you spend your first days as a married couple somewhere nice. After all the frenzy with the wedding planning-related tasks, you do deserve a nice holiday!
Where to go on your honeymoon though? The world is indeed full of wonderful places, but which ones are the very best and the most romantic ones? Here’s a list of five destination honeymoon locations you will definitely love:
- If you always wanted to see at least one country in Europe, this is the right time to do it! And what other country can be fuller of romance than bella Italia? There are many amazingly beautiful cities in Italy, but Venice, Rome, Milano and Verona are the most romantic ones and they make for perfect honeymoon destinations.
- If you want to keep it on the Old Continent but you are more inclined to pick a beach honeymoon destination, go for one of the stunning Greek islands. Excellent service, superb landscapes and romance surrounding you from everywhere – they are all waiting for you in Greece!
- Keeping it in the US this time, Hawaii is a stunning destination any way you look at it. But when it comes to honeymoons, it is absolutely amazing! Plus, the transportation costs will not be as high, so you can really afford something luxurious and nice!
- Bora-Bora. If you want something exotic and unique for your honeymoon, Bora-Bora in the French Polynesia is what you are searching for. Amazing scenery and unforgettable memories!
- Themed parks, sun and fun – if this is what you want for your honeymoon, don’t go much further than Florida. This is perfect for couples who want to be active and to have tons of fun on their honeymoon!
If you are still planning your wedding and the thought of your honeymoon is still among the last ones on the list come check out with Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our venue is perfect for magical moments and we would love your wedding to be like that too!
Photo source: flickr.com/Natesh Ramasamy
Your wedding gown is one of the most important pieces you have to think of when it comes to the big day. But if you want to really shine, you will also have to think of the hairstyle and accessories that make your attire complete. How to choose the right hair-do according to your wedding attire? Here are some ideas you may want to take into consideration:
- The décolletage of your wedding gown dictates if the hair should be entirely pulled up, allowed to be half-up and half-down or simply let down completely. Dresses that show your shoulders and your back work very well with hair-down hairstyles, but if you have beautiful shoulders and you want to emphasize on them, you can also go for an up-do.
- Furthermore, avoid letting your hair down if the dress covers your shoulders and if it does not show too much cleavage because you risk making the area look too “busy”.
- If you are planning a rustic wedding and/or your dress is covered in lace, a braided hairstyle will look exceptionally good on you for the big day.
- Vintage weddings go well with hairstyles inspired by the decade in which you want to “set” your wedding day. A 20’s-inspired theme will need a hairstyle from that age (think curls and bob haircuts) and a 60’s-inspired wedding will need a hairstyle with lots of volume.
- Pay attention to how you choose your hair-piece(s) and/or your veil. None of these are really mandatory, but they can beautify even the simplest hairstyle and they can add glamor, grace and femininity.
- If you want to save some money, you can do the hair yourself. A simple bun, French-braided hair or simply curling your hair on big hot rollers will look amazing (and even more so if you choose a hair piece to accessorize your hair with). The Internet is full of tutorials – try them out before the big day and settle on that style that fits you and your dress the best.
As for the location of the party, we have the perfect idea for you: Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our cruise ship can be transformed into the utmost elegant and beautiful wedding venue for the most important day of your life and it will definitely make for unforgettable moments!
Photo source: flickr.com/Julia Baker
If you are planning an outdoor wedding, you will want to decorate the location in a way that makes it feel comfortable and welcoming at the same time. This can be easier than many brides-to-be think and although you will have some decision-making to do, following these basic ideas should help:
- Is this a simple outdoor wedding or a themed one? If you want to go traditional with this, you can simply choose candles, beautiful flower arrangements and nice tableware too and you will be ready to go.
- However, if you have your mind set on a particular theme, make sure you get creative with it. For instance, if you want DIY wedding decorations, you can go for Mason jars, wild flower arrangements and other things that make everything seem closer to nature.
- Burlap is a great choice for table runners and it can look absolutely amazing especially if you are planning a rustic wedding. Combined correctly, it could also make for great table runners for a beach wedding too – but make sure to pair it with fabrics that are airy and light so that they counter-balance each other.
- Same as with indoor weddings, having a color scheme in your mind will help you make sure that nothing looks too “busy”. Three to four colors are perfect, but if you want to try more, then go ahead and do it. After all, this is your big day and you have the right to choose whatever you like most!
- Make sure you’ll have proper lightning. Lanterns and candles are great choices for outdoor weddings and the best part about them is that they can be customized and made to be 100% unique.
At Nina’s Dandy, we welcome all kinds of weddings and we will ensure that we provide you with a space that is versatile and beautiful at the same time – so that you can actually bring in your own ideas too!
Photo source: flickr.com/matteopezzi
It is a very well-known fact that all brides are beautiful. It may be the fact that they are special, it may be the fact that their bodies release endorphins that make them look stunning. Whatever it is though, you will most likely still feel stressed out when it comes to the choice of your wedding dress and accessories.
Accessorizing your dress the right way will bring some sparkle and some style even to the simplest of the designs. However, you should also make sure that you don’t overdo it either because it can make you look too “busy” and “crammed”, stealing both from the beauty of the accessories and from the beauty of the dress itself. By following the tips described here, you will surely make the right choice:
- How simple is your dress? If you have a dress that already has a lot of embellishments, you may want to keep it down with the jewelry part. A very delicate necklace, a pair of nice earrings and your wedding veil should be enough if you don’t want to overdo it. Also, keep the necklace and the earrings simple in their design as well.
- Some brides choose hats to accessorize their wedding dresses. This can be a good choice especially if you have a very simple, long, A-line or mermaid-tailored dress. If you want a wedding inspired by vintage fashion (especially Victorian), a hat can be a nice accessory too.
- As for the veil itself, you don’t necessarily have to get one. Some brides choose not to have any kind of veil and some choose to have a very small and delicate one – it’s all up to you in the end. However, you should make sure that it fits your dress.
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise will be there for you however you choose to accessorize your dress. We have the most superb cruise ship available for your magical wedding! Pay us a visit and you will definitely be smitten with the beauty of our location.
Photo source: elizabethannedesigns.com
Your wedding day is not just any other party you may attend to. It is the one day when every single bride on Earth feels like true royalty and it is the day when the rest of your life begins! Therefore, your wedding dress should be worthy of such a significant event in your life and you should choose it carefully.
Aside from embellishments, fabric and design, you will also have to think of how revealing your wedding dress should be. The truth is that these days there is no actual rule when it comes to this and that you are free to choose whatever you want to when it comes to how much skin your dress will show. However, you may want to take into consideration the following things:
- If you are going for a very traditional, very formal wedding, a long wedding dress would fit better. It is perfectly fine to show some skin in the upper section (cleavage, shoulders, arms and so on), but it would be better to be “hidden” from your mid-section downwards.
- If your wedding is less formal, the length of your dress can be shorter too. It is not uncommon that brides choose short wedding dresses, but if you do want this, make sure that the design really fits you.
- If you want to reveal something of both your upper and your lower body, go for a dress with a decent cleavage (it can show shoulders and back as well) and with a slight slit on the side or in the back part of the gown.
- When choosing the dress, bring a camera with you. This way, you will be able to tell whether it looks as good in the pictures as it does in real life and you will be able to choose one that reveals just enough skin to make you look gorgeous.
No matter how revealing your dress will be, it will definitely fit perfectly into Potomac Party Cruise’s “floating” wedding venue. Romantic, stunning and luxurious, our cruises are great for weddings and other important events too, so do not hesitate to contact us!
Photo credit: Elie Saab via theweddingspecialists.net
Aside from the First Dance, there is another great moment that is eagerly awaited by everyone invited: the cake. Everybody loves spectacular wedding cakes and everybody will be awaiting for their own slice of sweet treat, but the truth is that choosing a wedding cake may just be much more difficult than it appears to be.
There are thousands and thousands of variations and, on top of everything, bringing your preferences together with those of your husband’s and with those of everybody invited at the party can feel close to impossible. A dessert bar may be the thing you’ve been searching for and if you are considering the idea, make sure to check with the reasons that will definitely make you settle on it:
- A dessert bar gives you plenty of room to bring all kinds of cookies and sweets you want to. If you know there will be gluten sensitive, lactose sensitive or vegan people at the party, you can even provide them with something because there are a lot of delicious options that can look as fancy and as stunning as you want them to look!
- You can really be creative with this. With an arrangement that looks good, nobody will feel that a cake would have been better. You can have the desserts arranged in ways that absolutely fascinating, so there’s really no need to worry about missing out on the “fanciness” behind a classic wedding cake.
- No more fighting with your mother, mother-in-law and husband-to-be on what the cake should be filled with! Now everyone can have it their way!
- A dessert bar is still a more original idea than wedding cakes and it can really surprise your guests.
Regardless of your dessert choice, we can accommodate your wedding party on a stunning cruise ship to suit this very important moment in your life. Allow you and your guests to flow on the clean and silent waters while you are having the time of your life!
Photo credit: flickr.com/kristinausk
If you are like most of the ladies out there, you have been dreaming of your perfect wedding ever since you were a little girl. The event itself is a splendid celebration of life and love and the fact that we get to be princes and princesses for at least that one day adds a lot to just how much most of the women out there are into weddings.
Organizing the perfect wedding is not an easy task though – especially with so many thing to handle before the big day. Even more than that, new and old trends overlapping can make one feel confused over what their wedding should be like. For instance, a lot of the people out there do not know for sure just how many segments their wedding should have. If you are among them, you have come to the right place because they are explained as it follows:
- The wedding ceremony – this is officiated by a priest, by a reverend or by some authority and it is the part where the bride and the groom finally say “I Do”.
- The wedding reception – this is the actual party the newlyweds throw in honor of their wedding. It can be a big party, a small reception or any other type of event you want.
- The cocktail hour – sometimes, the cocktail hour is introduced in between the ceremony and the reception, especially because it allows the bride and groom to take some pictures. If the wedding ceremony is set early in the morning and the reception late in the evening, then it would definitely be nice to entertain your guests with some drinks and snacks and the so-called “cocktail hour” is the perfect way to do this.
- The rehearsal dinner – this is the dinner that is organized before the actual reception (one day before, for example) and which is meant to make sure that everything will be in perfect order on the big day as well.
Organizing a rehearsal dinner or not and organizing a cocktail hour or not depends solely on what you want. But while you are thinking of this, do make sure to check out with the amazing option of holding your wedding ceremony and reception on a boat (such as those at Dandy Restaurant Cruises, for example) – this way, you make sure there is absolutely no way in the world your guests can get bored while you shoot some photos!
Photo credit: flickr.com/Kelly Sue DeConnick
For most brides and grooms a wedding day can be stressful. But it doesn’t have to be. There are several things you can do to relieve stress.
Here are some effective ways to keep those nerves at bay:
- Wake up completely refreshed. You need to go to bed the night before the wedding as early as possible to make sure that you can always be the best the next morning.
- Give yourself adequate time to prepare. Take time to relax. In case you are already experiencing a bit of stress, just breathe deeply. You also need to think that this is your day at the end of it you’ll be Mr. or Mrs. What a great feeling.
- Do not overuse perfume. Heavy quantity of perfumes can make you experience nauseous.
- Put things which are not relevant to your wedding day out of your mind. It is essential to put emphasis on the wedding before trying to focus on other things. This is your special day so why waste your time on irrelevant things and can rob your joy?
- Mind over matter. Tell yourself that you’re not stressed and believe it. Smile and your entire day will be lifted. Believe it!
- Always be true to yourself and be confident enough to face your day.
Of course we’re here to help you get through your wedding day with nothing but joy. We’ve seen stress and we know how to help a bride or groom handle it. Why not give us a call and schedule a ride aboard one of our ships. You can relax and drift away into the sunset.
As a wedding venue in Alexandria VA, you can imagine how many wedding celebrations we’ve been a part of. A big part of those weddings are the vows. These are important simply because they lay the groundwork for a future life together. If they are done right, they are the most powerful part of the whole day.
If you are considering creating your own wedding vows, then it makes perfect sense to plan out the meaning of the vows, and to think carefully about the message you are trying to convey to your future partner. It isn’t always easy to get this right, and in this post we will look at how you can create wedding vows that are actually meaningful.
Try and get a lose draft arranged around three weeks before the wedding date. This gives you an opportunity to check the vows with other people that mean a lot to you and can be good judges of the quality of the work you have created. Preparation is obviously vital for this kind of writing.
Think about the feelings you had the first time you met your future partner. What did you feel and how intense were those feelings? If you are able to gather together your thoughts in this way, you will be able to create a mood in your vows that is both meaningful to both of you and incredibly romantic.
One caveat involves the personal nature of vows. It is your responsibility to ensure that your vows are not too personal and cryptic, so much so that your audience really cannot understand what you are talking about. This is a common failing of many self-written vows. So make them meaningful by looking at your own feelings, but don’t make them too obscure.
Although we’re a wedding venue, we work with several excellent wedding professionals that can help you plan out your wedding vows. So give us a call if you want need any references…and of course, come check out what we can offer in regards your wedding venue.
When it comes to drinks at a wedding, there is always room for improvement. There will be a lot of people attending the bar or the drinks section throughout the wedding, and even more during the summers. However, if your drinks fail to keep your guests hydrated and in the right mood, then you are not doing a very good job. Summer cocktails have to be chilled, refreshing, and tasty to make sure they get the thumps up that you so dearly want. If you are considering your choices for drinks at the wedding, we have some amazing ideas just for you!
The Mocha Martini is your solution cocktail from all the staying up late and waking up early dilemmas that are reminiscent to wedding. It’s a fairly simple drink to make but it’s one that will keep your guests wide awake and ready to have some fun. Mix coffee vodka with mocha and some vanilla cream and you have the perfect summer martini!
Our personal favorite, the Rosé Crush is one cocktail that you must have for a summer wedding. Put some crushed ice in a martini glass and pour around 2 to 3 r rosé wine shots with 1 shot of cranberry, raspberry, and orange juice. Mix them all together and garnish with a sprig of mint to have a refreshing and light summer cocktail!
Death By Vodka
Death By Vodka is a powerful cocktail that you would definitely want to have before hitting the dance floor. Pour 3 shots of absolute vodka with one shot of apple gin and sour mix. Garnish it up with a slice of orange and you have a cocktail that has fun written all over it.
Like our suggestions? Watch this space because there’s a lot more to come!