Your wedding menu is undoubtedly one of the most important parts of your wedding – and not because your guests will be there just to eat, but because good food has the amazing power of making people feel really good.
Despite what some may think, your wedding menu does not have to cost a fortune – and it doesn’t have to be made out of complex, fancy foods either. In fact, most guests will be more than happy with good-looking and amazing-tasting comfort foods too. Here are some great comfort food ideas to inspire your wedding too:
- Mini cheeseburgers. We all love them. Sinful, unhealthy and yet so comforting for the soul, cheeseburgers are an all-time favorite for people of all ages. Why not serve some mini cheeseburgers at your wedding and bring a smile on your guests’ faces?
- Tomato soup shots and grilled cheese. Forget about fancy French cheese and serve your guests their favorite snack: grilled cheese. Pair it with tomato soup shots and all of your guests will absolutely love this refreshing, delicious idea.
- If you want to avoid having a traditional tiered cake for your wedding, doughnuts are a wonderful alternative. Sprinkle them with fun toppings, make a nice arrangement with them and your guests will be delighted with these sweet treats.
- Ice cream. If you feel the weather outside is too hot for doughnuts, ice cream is a perfect alternative. Provide your guests with a variety of ice cream flavors to choose from and combine and you’ll keep them more than happy!
If you are searching for a unique, non-traditional wedding venue, come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Why have your wedding in a traditional ballroom when you can have it on an elegant restaurant cruise? Contact us and find out more!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Ryan A. Monson
Same as with every other wedding-related item, you will want your wedding programs to be unique and to look really stylish. And because we understand how much you want everything to be personal, beautiful and completely original, we have gathered some amazing ideas to inspire you when it comes to the wedding programs – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Woven fans. Summer is still here and if you plan on having a Summer wedding, providing your guests with some fans to cool them off is almost a “must”. Why not make your fans and your wedding programs one and the same thing, though? You don’t have to make fans out of your wedding programs if you don’t think this will be elegant enough. What you can do though is stick the programs to some stylish, woven fans – and your guests will surely love the idea.
- Furthermore, you can double your wedding fans and programs as fun exclamation signs perfect for the photos too. Write your wedding’s details on one side and fun quotes or exclamations on the other side – and your guests will not only use them to cool themselves off, but they will also use them in the wedding photo too.
- Be a bit playful. Summer weddings are the perfect time to be a bit playful – so don’t limit your creativity when it comes to the wedding program designs. From wedding party caricatures to wedding programs transformed in fun cootie catchers or confetti pockets, there’s a myriad of ideas you can use for your Big Day too.
And if you are searching for a venue just as unique as you and your fiancé are, come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our stunning restaurant cruise will surely make for an unforgettable wedding day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ clared23
Being a bride-to-be is difficult – but sometimes, being a groom-to-be can be just as difficult, especially when you truly want to be there for your future wife and you don’t know how to do this. What are the things all brides-to-be would like to hear from their fiancés, though? Read on and find out more.
- Offering to help. That’s it. Sometimes, it’s that Ask her if you can help her with anything – stamping the wedding invitations, tying the ribbons on the wedding favors or picking the right flower combination for the centerpieces.
- Asking about the First Dance. Aside from walking down the aisle, the First Dance is usually the most emotional moment for most brides out there. Thus, it is important to her that she knows you are just as interested in the First Dance as she is. Talk to her, decide on a song that means something for both of you and she will be more than happy.
- Offering to do a wedding planning activity. It may be visiting the caterer or picking up the Save the Date cards. It may also be listening to several bands and seeing which one is most suitable for your type of wedding. As long as it’s wedding planning-related, she will be more than thankful to have you on her side.
- Asking her to take a look at her wedding-related Pins, clips and photos. There’s really nothing she wants more from you than to know that you are just as much into this as she is. And asking her to share her ideas with you is one of the first steps to creating a wedding that looks and feels like both of you.
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is an elegant cruise that could be the perfect wedding venue for your Big Day. Come visit us, take a look around and book us for the big “I Do”!
Photo source: flickr.com/ James Jordan
As a bride, you’ll want to be drop-dead-gorgeous on your wedding day – and that’s absolutely natural. However, that doesn’t mean that you have to wear high heels if you don’t feel comfortable with this. In fact, flats are a perfectly viable option too! Here are some ideas to help you look beautiful and feel comfy on your Big Day:
- Flats are more than versatile and you can definitely wear them to your wedding gown. If you want a grand entrance at the ceremony though, you can always choose to wear high heels there and to replace your shoes with a pair of flats later on at the reception.
- There are so many designs for flats that it will be impossible not to find something! From glittery flats to simple, white flats and to flats that show a bit of blue (just enough for your “Something Blue”), there’s something for everyone out there.
- If you want your shoes to be truly unique, you can always buy a custom-made or unique pair for your wedding day. With the Internet on your side, you are more than likely to find someone who either personalizes shoes or creates them from scrap in a completely unique way. This will add a lot to your wedding look – and it will keep you comfortable (and dancing all night long).
If you want your wedding venue to be as unique as you are, come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our beautiful restaurant cruise has hosted many weddings over the course of the years – and truth be told, all of our couples have been more than happy with what we offered! Visit us and book us for the Big Day! You will NOT regret it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ ClatieK
Having a wedding reception dinner used to be the only “acceptable” way of planning a wedding. However, the truth is that nowadays a lot of couples choose to set their wedding for other moments of the day – and this includes early-to-mid morning too.
Why would you have a wedding reception brunch, though? Read here and find out more:
- It can be less expensive. This is not a rule of thumb, but in general wedding dinners tend to be more expensive than weddings that take place in any other moment of the day. In general, a brunch menu can range between little under $20 to almost $100 – but this depends a lot on the venue and on the type of menu you choose.
- It’s more relaxed, but still very elegant. If you thought a wedding brunch could only be really informal, think again. You can make your wedding brunch as formal or as informal as you want it to be. For instance, if you want your Big Day to be really classy, you could decorate the venue with opulent flower bouquets and you could serve a wide range of delicious foods that are rare and unique.
- It’s perfect for a sober wedding. If you don’t want to serve alcohol at your wedding (or if you want to serve only very light alcohol), a brunch is the perfect choice. There are so many amazing non-alcoholic cocktails out there that nobody will actually miss the liquor!
Searching for the perfect venue for an unforgettable wedding day? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our restaurant cruise is elegant, beautiful and truly unique – and we guarantee you will absolutely love everything we have prepared for you and for your Big Day. Contact us and find out more about our venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Kris Krug
Weddings are traditionally held in very “formal” environments (such as elegant wedding venues or ballrooms). However, that doesn’t mean that you absolutely have to follow the same wedding pattern too.
In fact, if you want your Big Day to be inspired by those fun moments you spent camping, you should definitely go for it. Here are some really nice ideas to incorporate into your “wedding camping” theme even if you don’t actually “camp out” for your Big Day.
- Wooden invitations. Bring pieces of nature in your invitations and you will surely arouse your guests’ curiosity. You can either choose to have paper invitations that are printed with a wood-like design or you can choose to have invitations made out of actual wood.
- S’mores. If this doesn’t say “camping” we don’t know what does! Bring S’mores into your wedding favors, on your wedding dessert bar or even into your wedding cake and your guests will definitely be happy with your choice. This is the kind of sweet treat everyone loves, so there’s absolutely no reason not to go for it.
- Create a lounge area – and sprinkle it with camp site-related motifs. From “Indian tents” to wooden barrels, there are a lot of items you can bring into your wedding lounge area. Use your creativity and you will come up with something that’s truly unique and memorable!
Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we love it when brides and grooms come with their own original ideas. We understand each couple is different and that each love story is magical in its own way – and this is precisely why we have created a wedding venue that’s just as unique as your own “fairy tale”. Come visit us and you will definitely love what we can offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/ lovelihood
Having one or two signature cocktails at your wedding is a great way to add some uniqueness to the entire party – and your guests will definitely love the idea. What cocktail names to choose for the Big Day, though? We have put together some of the best ideas out there – so if you need some inspiration, make sure to read on and find out more.
- Use clever puns to “shift” the classic cocktail names towards a more “wedding-like” atmosphere. For instance, instead of serving a simple Mojito, you could serve a “Mint to Be Mojito”.
- If you are a big fan of the Bloody Marry, cocktail, “re-brand” it to suit your wedding and call it “Bloody Marry Me”. This is perfect for a wedding themed around shades of red or for a Halloween wedding.
- Want a fruity cocktail for your wedding? Serve your guests with an Appletini and re-name it “Apple-tini of My Eye”. This is a cute idea everyone will surely love!
- If you want a more “casual” type of drink for your Big Day, beer will make for the perfect choice. Select good beers to serve your guests and name them “Ale You Need Is Love”. This works really good with personalized Mason Jars and rustic/outdoor weddings.
- And if you want a more exotic cocktail for your wedding, a Mai Tai will definitely please you. Re-name it “Mai Tai the Knot” and it will instantly receive a more wedding-oriented appeal.
Nina Dandy’s Potomac Party Cruise is one of the most unique wedding venues you have ever seen! Come visit our beautiful restaurant cruise, take a look around and book us if you want your Big Day to be just as unique as your love story is!
Photo source: flickr.com/ samantha celera
Beauty standards have changed a lot over the course of the centuries – and if white skin was an true “asset” one hundred years ago, these days most ladies will want a beautifully tanned skin. Thankfully, you don’t have to “burn” yourself up to achieve this and you can always use spray tans that look really beautiful and natural.
How do you make sure your spray tan doesn’t come off on your wedding gown though? Here are some tips you may want to keep in mind:
- Modern, qualitative self-tanning lotions do not come off as easily as some may be tempted to believe. As long as you make sure to invest in something that is of a genuine high quality, the chances that it comes off on your wedding gown are more than minimal.
- Furthermore, you should make sure to take the first layer of color off before the Big Day. This means that it is best to apply the spray tan one day before the actual wedding day. For instance, if you get married on a Sunday, applying the spray tan on Friday will leave plenty of time for it to “soak” into the skin and really “stick” there so that it doesn’t come off on your wedding gown.
- Last, but definitely not least, make sure you peel your skin before applying the spray tan. Although this does not necessarily help with avoiding stains on your white dress, it does help with avoiding stains on your skin.
If you want a wedding venue that is more than unique and if you want your guests to remember your wedding as one of the most beautiful ones they have ever attended, make sure to visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our stunning cruise restaurant is here, ready to host the most beautiful day of your life. Contact us and find out more about our venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/ nparekhcards
Of course, weddings are not all about wedding gifts – but starting your life together on the right foot does sound like a nice idea. If you are like many couples out there, you may wonder whether or not it is OK to ask for money instead of traditional registry gifts at your wedding. We have gathered some important tips about this – so make sure to read on f you want to find out more.
- · In general, the more traditional people will say that it is tacky to ask for money at a wedding. However, if you have your reasons to do this (such as saving money for a mortgage down payment, for example), it is more than OK to ask your guests for money instead of gifts.
- · Make sure you don’t inform them of this on your own though. In general, appointing someone to deal with spreading the news is a great idea (and most of the times this “someone” will be the Mother of the Groom, the Mother of the Bride and/or the Maid of Honor).
- · Also, trust someone to collect the envelopes that may be received at the wedding reception too. Most of the times, this person can be the Best Man (but you are more than free to choose anyone else too).
- · Don’t think of how much each guest will give you. After all, it is the gesture that counts and, same as with wedding registry gifts, people will try to stick within their budgets. Be understanding of this and judge nobody for how much they can offer!
If you are searching for a very modern and elegant wedding venue, Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise could be an excellent option. Come visit us and we guarantee you will be charmed by our venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/ balleyne
Although weddings are generally considered to be formal events, the truth is that many brides and grooms these days choose to leave tradition aside and settle for things that truly make them happy with how their Big Day has turned out.
For example, wearing black on your wedding day has long been considered to be a complete “don’t”. However, the truth is that a touch of black can add modernity, style and elegance to your wedding. Why would you do it and what options do you have? Read on and find out more.
- You don’t have to go “all black” with your wedding look if you don’t want to. For example, you could accessorize your white wedding dress with a pair of glamorous black heels or with a beautiful vintage black belt as well. This will add dimension and style to your wedding look and it will look absolutely gorgeous.
- If you think plain black accessories will look dull, you can always choose shoes, belts or hair accessories that are embellished with stones or glitter that makes them really shine and look very stylish at the same time too.
- If you want to, you can even have a black wedding dress too – and there’s nobody who should stop you from doing this if it makes you feel good. In fact, wedding trends have changed so much over the past few years that even some of the world’s greatest wedding gown designers have come up with black or black-and-white versions for their creations.
Searching for a unique, modern wedding venue? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our beautiful restaurant cruise can host weddings that are simply unforgettable from all points of view. Come, take a look around and book us for the most beautiful day of your life!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Bellafaye Garden