Although it may not be absolutely compulsory that you have a wedding menu card, it can be a really nice addition to your wedding and it can also be very helpful for your guests to know exactly what the dishes include.
To make sure your wedding menu card goes perfectly with the rest of the wedding, you should make sure to choose a unique design to catch the eyes of your guests in an instant. How do you do that? We have gathered some suggestions for you – so read on if you want to find your inspiration.
- Paper bag. Write your menu down on a paper bag and place it on the top plate. It will look really original and it will also add a special touch to how the table setting looks. Perfect for a rustic-chic wedding or for a very casual wedding!
- Feather accents. If you want your wedding menus to look truly glamorous, add a feather accent on top of them. The feather can be colored to match your wedding color scheme, if you want to. Also, this is a great idea if you plan on having a masquerade or New Year’s Eve wedding.
- Modern origami. Choose a typeface design for your wedding menus to add a modern touch. To make the cards more unique, stick a mini-origami in one of the corners – your guests’ eyes will definitely be delighted by the idea.
Searching for a modern wedding venue to make your big day unique from all points of view? Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a splendid restaurant cruise ready to host unforgettable weddings and events – so come visit us, see what we offer and book us for your big day! You will love it!
Photo source: flickr.com/ aZerato
Undoubtedly, kids are a great joy to have at a wedding – so if you have chosen to invite your guests’ children to the Big Day, you will definitely want to make them feel really special while there. However, does this mean that you will have to create a special menu for them, so that they don’t have the same foods as the adults?
We have gathered some of the most important things to know about this – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Yes, it is definitely a good idea to do this. Serving your youngest guests with special meals just for them will save you a lot of money and it will also satisfy them more. Most of the times, children love chicken nuggets and fries more than fancy dishes – so why not make this a real treat for them?
- A lot of caterers provide their clients with kid-friendly menu options. These menus are smaller and they are based on foods children love (and that don’t harm them – such as extremely spicy dishes would, for example).
- If your catering service provider doesn’t have a ready-made menu for the little ones, talk to them about what your options are. A lot of caterers will be able to split adults’ meals into smaller portions and make them more suitable for the little ones (such as serving them as sandwiches or other child-friendly foods, for example).
Searching for a modern, unique and exquisitely elegant wedding venue? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise! Our wedding reception cruise boat is ready to accommodate your beautiful wedding ideas and to make this day really special for you and your guests! Contact us today and find out more about our venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/ annabelfarleyphotography
Organizing a bachelor party can be really fun, especially when you know the groom is really into thrilling activities. Searching for ideas that will make everyone have the time of their lives – without involving strippers and too much alcohol? We have just the right suggestions for you – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Scuba diving. Exploring the beauties of the deep sea can be really rewarding for some people. There’s the adrenaline, the gorgeousness of what you can find there, the uniqueness of the moment – what else could any groom want from his bachelor party?
- Rock climbing. Are you, the groom and the other guests into really sporty thrilling activities? Go climb a rock! It will be really fun and it will create some unforgettable memories. Plus, it will help the guests bond with each other, so they will be much closer to one another at the wedding itself – which makes for a great party too.
- Is this something the groom has always wanted to experience, but never had the courage or the chance? Or is it something he has done before and really enjoyed it? Either way, skydiving can be a magically unique experience for a bachelor party – so don’t rule it out when planning the big surprise.
- If you and the groom (and the other guests, of course) live next to a coast, surfing for the bachelor party would be a great idea. Fun, exciting and special, this activity can be a great surprise for the groom!
Are the groom and his bride still searching for the ideal wedding venue? Do they want for it to be special and non-traditional? Tell them about Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise – and exquisite restaurant cruise ready to host their Big Day! They will surely love the idea!
Photo source: flickr.com/ T. Fernandes
Your wedding ring is more than important – and it is definitely not just another piece of jewelry. In fact, your wedding ring is a symbol of your everlasting love and commitment. It is the simple gesture that “jump starts” your new life as husband and wife – and it deserves all of your attention.
Do you have wedding insurance? If not, why is it that it is so important that you do purchase insurance as soon as possible? We have gathered some of the essential things you should know about this – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Your wedding ring is expensive. If you are like most people, you cannot afford losing such an important item because it will leave a huge hole in your budget. A good wedding ring insurance policy will help you protect your ring in case of theft, so that you can replace it with no extra-costs.
- It has a lot of emotional value. Beyond the actual financial value of your wedding ring, this small token of your marriage is also very important from the point of view of its emotional value. You wouldn’t want to “waste” away such a delicate and emotional piece, would you?
- Wedding ring insurance doesn’t cost a lot. In general, the value of a wedding ring insurance policy is determined according to the value of the ring itself. Furthermore, such a policy can protect your ring in case of stealth and it can also help you in case you lose it (which, sadly, can be very easy to do even if you are not attentive for one second alone).
Planning your Big Day and searching for a gorgeous and unique wedding venue in Virginia? Come take a look at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise! Our stunning restaurant cruise is here to help you host one of the most stunning weddings your guests have ever seen, so you will definitely love what we offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/ slgckgc
Looking beautiful on your wedding day is, of course, extremely important. However, keep in mind that it is equally important to feel comfortable too – and this includes your thermic comfort too, especially if you plan on having a fall wedding and if you want to avoid feeling too cold.
If you are worried that a long sleeve wedding dress will not look as glamorous as a sleeveless one, think again. Long sleeve wedding gowns can look just as gorgeous as any other type of gown – and there are many reasons you might want to wear one.
- Different cuts for the neckline. If you want to look feminine and sexy, you can always opt for an off the shoulder, long sleeve dress. It will look really beautiful and it will give you an aura of grace and style. Furthermore, you can also choose to cover your shoulders with a gorgeous boat neckline, long sleeve gown – and it will definitely make you look like a star.
- A variety of fabrics. Long sleeves are made from a variety of fabrics these days – lace, organza, veil, and so on. Thus, they can be really beautiful and they can complement your entire bridal look in a stunning way, adding comfort and style to it.
- There are many celebrities who chose to wear a long sleeve dress for their wedding day – including Grace Kelly and Lady Diana, whose dresses became truly famous and continue to inspire designers even today.
Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we believe in the beauty and uniqueness every wedding brings with it. If you want your Big Day to be amazingly special and if you are searching for a unique wedding venue, come visit our restaurant cruise and book us for a magical wedding together with your dearest friends and relatives.
Photo source: flickr.com/ porschelinn
Choosing the right wedding venue is one of the crucial parts in planning a wedding. Your venue has to suit your style, it has to be able to accommodate your ideas and your wedding theme, as well as the number of guests you want to invite for the Big Day. Even more than anything though, your venue has to emulate perfectly on your idea of a “dream wedding”.
Why then would you have your wedding on a cruise ship, rather than in a more traditional venue? Read here and find out more.
- Precisely because it’s not traditional. Your guests are most likely tired of all the types of wedding venues out there – from the very elegant ones to the rustic barns that have been popular over the past few years. Organizing your wedding on a boat will make them curious to attend and it will add a dash of uniqueness to your Big Day.
- Because the waterscape and landscape is amazing. There’s nothing like saying “I Do” with a stunning sunset bathing you and your future spouse, while the land gets farther and farther away and the waves embrace the magic of this moment. Nothing to compare with this, really!
- Because, ultimately, the services are top-notch. We all associate cruises with luxury and excellent quality – and a wedding cruise ship makes no exception from the rule. If you want a medium affair, but if you want it to be really unforgettable and superbly served, a cruise boat will be an amazing option for you.
And if you are searching for a stunning restaurant cruise in Virginia, make sure to contact Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. You will love every single aspect of our offer, we guarantee that!
Photo source: flickr.com/ muha…
As the host of your wedding, you surely want your guests to be comfortable and happy from all points of view – and their thermic comfort is definitely one of the top priorities for you, especially if you plan on having an evening wedding in the chillier season.
How to do this? How to keep your guests warm during your evening wedding? We have gathered some of the best ideas, so read on if you want to find out more.
- Hot drinks. Be them alcoholic or not, hot drinks can always warm one up. From hot tea to delicious hot chocolate, mulled wine or even sophisticated hot cocktails, there’s a wide range of hot drinks you can serve your guests with when they want to warm up a bit.
- Install heaters. Depending on your wedding venue and on whether or not it is on the outside, you may be allowed to bring your own heaters (such as tent heaters for an outdoor tent wedding, for example).
- Invite the guests to play a game. Organize a fun game where guests have to move a little and they will have tons of fun. Not only that, but they will also warm their muscles up and they will feel much better too.
- Have your guests write down their favorite songs and ask the DJ to spin them. This way, you guarantee that everyone will be on the dance floor for at least one song, so that they can have an amazing time and warm themselves up.
Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we have prepared a stunningly unique wedding venue just for you and the special ones in your life. Come visit our restaurant party cruise, book us for the Big Day and it will be magical from all points of view!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Andrea Goh
Planning a wedding can be exhausting – but so can planning a Bridal Shower too. If you are the person in charge with your friend’s Bridal Shower, you surely want to make this a beautiful experience for her. What theme should you choose, though? We have gathered some ideas to inspire you – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s. If you know your friend is a big fan of the movie and/or Audrey Hepburn, this theme will definitely delight her. Bring together elegant Tiffany blue elements and plan your Bridal Shower on the outdoors or on the indoors, as you wish.
- Retro 50s. Planning a small, cozy affair for the Bridal Shower? The Retro 50s theme is for you then. Inspire yourself from the pop culture icons of the age, add some colourful sunglasses as favors and serve home cooked meals according to the finest recipes of the 50s.
- Your Bridal Shower theme does not have to be something very complex. For instance, centering the entire party on the idea of “hearts” is a really cute idea. If your friend likes simple, nice things, this theme will definitely suit her.
- Slumber party. The Bridal Shower doesn’t have to be an actual “adult” party either. How about indulging in sweet treats, pizza, great drinks and a movie with the bride’s closest friends and relatives? A fun slumber party can be truly unforgettable, especially if you don’t forget about those cute details that make the difference.
Is your friend still searching for a unique wedding venue for her Big Day? Don’t forget to tell her about Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. She will surely love us as soon as she sees our beautiful restaurant cruise!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Mary Witzig
Being pregnant and getting married are two of the happiest events in a woman’s life – so there’s truly no reason why they shouldn’t happen at once! What are the more delicate things to keep in mind if you are planning a wedding and a baby bump around the same date? Read here and find out more.
- Picking the wedding date is crucial. It all depends on whether or not you want to show off your baby bump. If you don’t, you will most likely have to plan a wedding on a (very) short notice and you will have to make it a smaller affair. If you are happy to show off your baby bump, you can set your wedding date at any time during the pregnancy. However, the second trimester tends to be the best option because you will have enough freedom of movement then and take benefit of that gorgeous pregnancy glow too!
- Picking the right wedding dress is equally important. Measure yourself and calculate your future size. A seamstress can help you with this. These days, there are a lot of stunning wedding gown designs perfect for expecting mothers, so you shouldn’t have any kind of issues in finding something you really love.
- Ask for the help of your friends and relatives. Planning a wedding is difficult even when you are not expecting a baby. But when you add both of these events on top of each other, it’s understandably more difficult. Don’t be afraid to ask for the help of your bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and anyone else who is willing to help!
Searching for a wedding venue that will truly make this moment even more special? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and we guarantee you will love every single part of our beautiful restaurant cruise!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Terry Ku
Wedding trends may come and go – but the truth is that they can always be an amazing inspiration for a bride-to-be who wants her Big Day to be flawless. What are some of the most beloved wedding trends of the moment? We have gathered 3 of the most popular ones – so read on if you want to find out more:
- Raw diamonds. Accessorize your wedding bands with raw diamonds if you want an earthy, natural, hippy feel to the rings that will tie the knot. Raw diamonds are shiny and spectacular, but they look much more natural than the traditional white ones – not to mention they will add a touch of complete uniqueness to your entire wedding.
- Allowing some “unprofessional” photos to slip in. The story of the bride who took her wedding photos herself circled the Internet and made her famous. While you may not be a professional photographer and while you may not be able to pull off the same kind of photos throughout the entire wedding, it is still worth considering the option of having at least a couple of really natural, self-made photos (such as the one before you go finally go to sleep on your wedding day, for example).
- Fall flowers. With autumn fully installed in our parks (and in our souls), it is no wonder brides are falling in love with fall flowers and their magic. There are oh-so-many combinations you can look into that it will be almost impossible not to find something that really suits you and your particular wedding style!
Want a unique wedding neither you, nor your guests will ever forget? Contact Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our superb restaurant cruise is waiting for you to plan the most gorgeous wedding your guests have ever attended!
Photo source: flickr.com/ terren in Virginia