Being a Maid-of-Honor is an amazing thing – but it also comes with responsibilities you’ll have to shoulder as gracefully as possible. One of the main duties you will have on your friend’s Big Day is making sure that you deliver a flawless, emotional and beautiful speech. How to do this? Here are some tips to help you out:
- Start well-ahead of time. Don’t let your speech for the “night before”. Make sure to start thinking of it as soon as you are “delegated” with the “title” and you will not have to face the panic of not having anything as the wedding day approaches. Also, when you finally get down to writing the speech, remind yourself to keep it short and as sweet as possible.
- Humor is more than accepted. However, make sure you don’t make any kind of inappropriate jokes related to the bride, the groom, their parents or anyone else for that matter. Also, don’t forget to take your “audience” into consideration. If most of the wedding guests are rather “formal”, you might want to keep your jokes at a minimum.
- If you don’t know where to start, read some quotes. They will inspire you – and some of them will be so good that you’ll want to include them in the speech too. Also, never be afraid of the “blank page” in front of your eyes. Simply start writing and “curate” later on.
- Don’t forget to include the groom in your speech too! Now, everyone knows that you’re the bride’s best friend. But, in one way or another, the groom is your friend too – and he’s most definitely a very important person for your bride. Make sure to say something nice about him as well!
If your best friend is still searching for a venue, introduce her to Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Unique, modern and absolutely gorgeous, our restaurant cruise makes for unforgettable wedding – so it’s very likely that your bride will love us too!
Photo source: flickr.com/PrincessAshley
All couples to-be-wed know very well that their wedding is not going to be cheap. Even when the budget is quite low and even when the couple actually sticks to it, the total price of a wedding can still get quite high.
Do you know who should be paying for your wedding, though? If not, here are some ideas you may want to take into consideration:
- Traditionally, the parents of the bride pay for the wedding. For the bride, this means that she can have much more control than her future husband or than her future in-laws as well. However, as long as someone else pays for the wedding, there is always a chance that there will be misunderstandings. Of course, the major advantage to allowing the bride’s parents to foot the bill is related to the fact that you will not have to dwell into your own saving – and you will be able to use them for other, maybe more useful things in your future life as a husband and wife.
- Sometimes, both parents pay for the wedding. This is a more well-balanced situation than that which was mentioned above, but it can still lead to confusion, misunderstandings and not being fully in control of your own wedding. On the plus side though, you can save a lot of money – and if you do manage to find a middle-way solution, everyone will be happy with how the wedding turns out.
- These days, many couples choose to pay for the wedding on their own. This could provide you with total control over what you want or do not want at your wedding – but it can be a tremendously expensive deal. Thus, before you settle on any of these solutions, make sure to take into consideration both the advantages and the disadvantages too.
Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we can provide you with an excellent option to replace the traditional wedding venue: a marvelous, elegant and unique restaurant cruise for your Big Day. Come visit us and learn more about our services!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Jenifer Corrêa
There’s no trace of doubt over the fact that a wedding is a major step in someone’s life. Wedding vows are the very “key” to this step and most of the times they denote the importance of the moment too. However, that doesn’t mean that you cannot sprinkle your vows with a bit of humor! If you are thinking of livening up the mood with your vows, the following tips will surely inspire you:
- Do you play a sport together? You could use a reference to that. For instance, if you play tennis together, you could say that you take him/her as not only your husband/wife, but also as your “permanent team member” as well.
- If you are both big fans of a book, movie or video game, there’s nothing to stop you from making a reference to that. From referring Shrek and Fiona to referring World of Warcraft, everything is allowed as long as it brings a smile on your loved one’s face.
- If you know for sure your future husband/wife will not mind it, you can make reference to something he/she is not very good at too. However, be absolutely certain that you will not hurt their feelings in front of everyone you know and love
- In general, keep dirty jokes and very insulting jokes aside. They may be fun when it’s just the two of you who share them, but they are not as fun when your families and friends are watching!
Searching for a unique, modern wedding venue? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise! Our elegant restaurant cruise will make for an unforgettable day – and your guests will definitely fall in love with your idea too!
Photo source: flickr.com/ madprime
For many of us, dogs are more than just mere pets. They are the best friends and part of the family. So naturally, many couples want to include their favorite furry friends into their wedding too. How to do this and what are the most important things to take into consideration? Read on and find out more.
- There are many ways a puppy (young or old) can be included in the wedding. He/she can act as the ring bearer, as the flower girl and even as the Maid of Honor or Best Man too. There are tons of options when it comes to dressing your pooch up for the Big Day – so that should definitely not be a problem.
- If you decide you absolutely want to include your pet in the wedding, make sure the wedding venue is OK with that. Some of them may have very specific rules when it comes to dogs (and other pets). Also, keep in mind that you might want to take your doggy to the venue before the wedding day, so that he/she gets accustomed with the place.
- Make sure you give your pup plenty of opportunities to do his “business” before the Big Day. The last thing you want is stepping into something as you walk down the aisle.
- Take care of your furry friend. Feed your dog in advance and at the end of the day. Also, even if your pup is very well-behaved, you should leave it into the hands of someone with whom he/she is familiar with. Furthermore, keep your pooch entertained throughout the wedding day. If you want to, you can give guests doggy treats to “thank” your puppy for his/her tricks.
- Searching for a modern, exquisite and unique wedding venue? Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is precisely what you need! Come visit us, learn more about our venue and about our service and we guarantee you will not regret having done this!
Up until not very long ago, weddings used to be very formal, traditional events. However, as more and more couples choose to tear themselves apart from tradition and do it the “modern way”, weddings have become much more informal.
One of the best ways to bring your wedding into the modern age is by including modern age technologies in it – and not just in terms of lighting and music, but also in terms of entertainment and wedding planning too. For example having your very own custom hashtags and having your own wedding website are both amazing ideas – and here are the reasons why:
- Custom hashtags are great because everyone will want to share photos of your wedding on their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. Having a custom hashtag will allow them to personalize what they post (and it will also allow you and all the other guests “centralize” the photos and videos created by those who post them on their social media accounts).
- A wedding website is a brilliant wedding planning tool. You can use it to centralize the RSVPS (and thus make it extremely easy for your guests to submit their answers) and you can also use it to provide your guests with all the information they need in order to get to your wedding too. Also, you can use your wedding website to keep everyone up-to-date on your wedding planning process as well.
- Both of these options are extremely easy to follow and they will not take much of your time. The custom hashtag can be created in a matter of minutes (and you can share it on your social media accounts and include it in your wedding stationery too, so that people can use it).
- Even more than that, a wedding website does not have to be expensive and it can be created in less than 10 minutes as well. There are many services online that allow you to customize your own website in an easy-to-understand way and they will not charge more than a few tens of dollars either.
If you want your wedding venue to be as unique and as beautiful as your love story, come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our beautiful cruise ship could mark the beginning of an entirely new chapter in your life! Contact us and find out more about our venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/regan76
As the host/hostess of your wedding, you want your guests to feel really great. Of course, providing them with delicious food, creating a nice décor for your venue and making sure the music your DJ plays is suitable for all tastes are all important parts of being a great host. But if you want to add even more fun to your wedding, having a photo booth would be an amazing choice. Why? Here are some of the best reasons:
- Everyone loves taking pictures of themselves. We live in the era of “Facebook”, “Instagram” and “selfies” – and people love taking pictures of themselves and sharing them with their friends. Of course, your photographer will take pictures of everyone at the wedding – but a photo booth will provide instant “results” your guests can have fun with.
- Photo booths are highly customizable. Regardless of what wedding theme you may choose and regardless of where exactly you plan to have your wedding, a photo booth can perfectly fit into your wedding. From booths themed around the same idea as the wedding (“vintage” photo booths, for example) to booths themed around your favorite movie or video game, everything is possible these days!
- They are an inexpensive, fun addition. If budget is your primary concern, rest assured that renting a photo booth will not push your financial boundaries. According to what type of photo booth you want (and for how long you want it too), the prices for renting a photo booth can get really low – so you can definitely afford it too.
If you want your wedding to be unique from every point of view, make sure you choose a location that is just as original as your love story. Our party cruise here at Nina’s Dandy Potmomac Party Cruise would make for an excellent wedding venue – so make sure to pay us a visit before deciding on anything!
Photo source: flickr.com/ mitchell3417
Every wedding is beautiful in its own way – and every bride wants her wedding to be as unique as her love story is. Wedding signs are a great addition to any type of wedding, regardless of the theme you choose. They can be fun, they can make a statement and they can personalize your wedding in ways nothing else can do. If you are searching for some great ideas for your wedding signs, take a look at the following list because it will surely inspire you!
- If you have pets and if you want to include them in your wedding, have them carry a funny sign saying “my humans are getting married”. This is so adorable nobody will be able to resist the temptation of petting your puppy or cat!
- Make sure to include some signs that guide your guests through the venue as well. You can either make them simple (and simply write “reception venue”, “ceremony site” and so on) or you can use funny puns instead. For instance, instead of “ceremony” you can write “I Do” and instead of “reception” you can write “I Did”.
- Have your flower girl(s) and ring bearer(s) carry a sign too. They can say humorous things such as “I want cake so hurry up” or “please turn off your phones”. Also, the children’s signs can be a great way to thank your guests for attending your wedding too!
- Be creative, really. Guests love intelligent, quirky signs regardless of how formal or informal your wedding may be. Use your imagination, think of the things you love and you’ll definitely come up with your own unique, humorous “one liners” for your wedding signs too!
And if you want your wedding venue to be just as unique as your signs (and just as unique as the love story that brought you to this moment), don’t forget to check out what Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise can offer. Come visit our pretty wedding cruise and allow us to be part of your Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ emily @ go haus go
The bouquet a bride chooses can make or break her entire look –so make sure you pay attention to how you pick yours as well. If you are searching for some ideas to inspire you, take a look at some of the following modern wedding bouquet tips – you will definitely love at least one of them!
- If you plan on having a really unique wedding, feathers can help you achieve that “WOW” every modern bride wants to hear from her guests. Bring together large, opulent feathers and create a “bouquet” with their help. You can use flowers as well or you can choose to stick with the feathers only. Also, you can spray-paint your feathers to fit your wedding colors or you can leave then “au naturel” as well.
- Fan bouquet. This is a dramatic choice you will love especially if you want your wedding to be “over-the-top”, elegant and opulent. Ask your florist to create a fan bouquet by using your favorite flowers and a bit of lace and you will definitely impress everyone invited at the wedding.
- A flower purse. Are you in love with fashion? Replace your traditional bouquet with a chic “flower purse”. You can either choose to have a “purse” created out of flowers (or decorated with flowers, for that matter) or you can choose to have an elegant purse that holds your favorite flowers inside – your choice. Either way, you will look stunning!
- Planning on a beach wedding? There’s nothing more appropriate than seashells to show just how much you love the sea and the beach. Same as with the feathers, you can choose to go for a bouquet made entirely out of seashells or you can choose to simply incorporate some of them in a floral bouquet.
Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise can make for the perfect modern wedding venue. Come visit us, find out more about us and book our cruise ship for the Big Day! It will be truly unforgettable!
Photo source: flickr.com/ adeptmagic
The winter may be on its way out, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t allowed to have hot drinks all throughout spring as well. In fact, considering the fact that most spring evenings get quite chilly, you will definitely want to consider the option of serving your guests with some unique, delicious hot cocktails too. If that’s something that crossed your mind, make sure to check out with the following ideas!
- Hot cider, paired with honey, rum and marshmallows. This a true feast for anyone in love with the rich taste of the cider and with the sweet texture of the marshmallows!
- Buttered hazelnut and whiskey. Some cream, some whiskey, some hazelnut syrup and a flavorful dash of cinnamon – this is what happiness must look like!
- Whiskey mochacchino. Hot chocolate is an all-time favorite for people of all ages. For a wedding reception, pair it with cream and just a bit of whiskey for a taste everyone will love. Extra tip: try sweet versions of classic whiskey blends (such as the Red Turkey Jim Beam, for example). Also, if you want to serve white hot chocolate instead of the classic black, pair it with pumpkin syrup for a comforting and heart-melting taste all your guests will definitely appreciate.
- Mulled wine. This is a hot classic everyone loves. The best thing about it is that it can come in whatever variation you enjoy most (from white wine to red wine and from dry wine to sweet wine) and that you can blend it with a variety of spices and toppings: cinnamon, nutmeg, pears, apples, oranges, lemons and so on.
Imagine yourself having one of these drinks on our fabulous wedding cruise ship and you will understand why Nina Dandy’s Potomac Party Cruise is truly one of the most beautiful, unique and glamorous options you have in terms of wedding venues! Contact us and find out more about our services and about how you can book us for the Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ lemon168
Your wedding day is special from every single point of view and, as the Queen of this day, you will want to look perfect. Aside from your wedding gown, accessories and bouquet, your hair can play a very important role in making you feel drop-dead-gorgeous. Many of you may ask yourselves whether wearing your hair up would be better than letting it down for the Big Day, but the truth is that most of the sources point out the exact opposite. Why should you wear your hair down instead of up? Here are some of the things you will want to know about this:
- Up do’s are sometimes recommended because they are more rigorous and they are generally considered to be more suitable for formal/elegant events. However, keep in mind the fact that up do’s are not for everyone and that such a hairstyle may not look as great on you as you would like to. If you actually want an up do, make sure you try it on first and see how it looks with the gown and makeup – this way, you will get a clearer idea on whether or not it is a better choice for you.
- Letting your hair down is sexier and much more feminine. There are a lot of hairstyles that involve letting the hair down – and they all look glamorous, beautiful and really elegant. From large, vintage curls to sleek, modern hairstyles, there are many options to choose from – so that every bride feels like she is the most beautiful woman in the world.
- If comfort is your main concern, keep in mind that a medium-length hairstyle with your hair down will actually be very comfortable. Even more than that, if you have very long hair, you can always choose to pull it away from the face with beautiful hair accessories so that you feel comfortable with your hairstyle throughout the entire day.
Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise and we’ll make sure the “background” of your pictures will be more than suitable regardless of whether you choose to pull your hair up or to let it down. Visit us and allow yourself to be enchanted by our chic cruise ship!
Photo source: flickr.com/ laura dye