Planning a wedding can be quite difficult – and even more so when you have to be really attentive to how much money you spend. Thankfully, these days you can actually have an unforgettable wedding day without leaving a whole in your budget.
However, if you want to plan your wedding budget in an accurate way, you should make sure that you take into consideration the so-called “hidden costs” as well. Here are some of the top ones:
- The overtime costs. When booking your DJ, band, videographer and/or photographer, make sure you know exactly for how many hours you hire them. Most of these wedding vendors will tax you more if they have to spend extra-time at your wedding, so you should be more than aware of this.
- Simple postage stamps don’t cost that much. However, if you settle for very intricate boxed invitations, you may wake up spending a lot more money on sending them than you had thought you would. If you want to save some money, pick simpler designs with beautiful patterns and graphics on them.
- Alright, this is not exactly “hidden”, but you should make sure that you know how much is appropriate to tip. Even more, you should make sure to check the contract and see if the gratuities have not been included there.
- Wedding dress alterations. Once you buy the gown, you will most likely have to alter it in a way that makes it 100% suitable for your body. While this is a cost you cannot actually avoid, you should at least make sure to include it in your wedding budget when you create one.
If you are searching for a wedding venue that’s modern and original, Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is at your disposal. Elegant and truly beautiful, our cruise restaurant is here to host the most beautiful day of your life!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Wonderlane
If you want to stick to the tradition of “Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue”, you may want to give it a more modern twist as well. What are some of the best ideas on how incorporate your “something blue”? Read on and inspire yourself:
- Your shoes. This is probably one of the easiest ways to incorporate something blue into your attire without breaking away from tradition too much. These days, you can buy fully customized shoes too, so if you are keen on having them in a very specific shade, it can definitely be done. Even more, a pop of color underneath your white wedding gown will look splendid!
- Other accessories. If you want a discrete way of incorporating something blue into your attire, picking accessories with a bit of blue on them is a great idea. Your jewelry, your wedding band, your wedding dress belt or sash and even your veil can have a blue tint to them.
- Your bouquet. Who is to say you need white or red roses or peonies for your bouquet? Your options are almost limitless when it comes to your main bridal accessory – and they will surely include a lot of blue variants as well. From naturally blue flowers to spray painted blue roses, there’s something for every type of bride. Even more than that, you can incorporate your something blue in the bouquet’s wrap as well, so you can really use your creativity when it comes to this.
- The gown. Who is to say you absolutely have to stick to a white wedding gown? These days, designers have come with some absolutely gorgeous blue options as well – and if you are ready to break away from tradition, they will make for a wonderful choice!
If you are searching for a wedding venue as modern and as unique as your own love story, Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is a great idea. Come visit our wonderful party cruise and you will surely be enchanted by its originality and elegance!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Emery Co Photo
Wedding rings are symbols of a couple’s love and commitment. Thus, it doesn’t really matter what material they are made from or even how pricy they are. If you want to “seal” your wedding vows with something truly unique (and very permanent), a tattoo “wedding ring” can be a great idea. What are some of the most important things to know about this? Read on and find out more.
- Choose a simple design, not a very intricate one. Usually, couples go for simple “bands” tattoos on their ring fingers, the date they married, Roman numerals for a date that is meaningful for them and other similar designs. Going for a very intricate design may not be a good idea especially because it will most likely not look good (remember that this is a fairly small tattoo so details will not show as well as on other parts of the body!).
- Furthermore, if you decide to go for this option, keep in mind the fact that it may be a bit painful. Most specialists agree with the fact that finger tattoos tend to be more painful than tattoos in other areas of the body because the fingers have a lot of nerve endings.
- Also, take into consideration the fact that finger tattoos can be short-lived as well – mostly because we tend to use our hands a lot (working, washing, and so on). If you don’t want your wedding ring tattoo to look faded after a while, choose something a bit larger and more “obvious” (but still stick to a very simple design).
And if you want your wedding venue to reflect your modern views on marriage and love, don’t forget to check out Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our unique, modern cruise boat is at your disposal for your Big Day – so make sure to contact us if you want to find out more!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Relocated City Girl
Being a best man is a huge honor for any friend – but, like all honors, it comes with responsibilities as well. If you want to make sure your best man knows his duties, check with the following list because it will definitely help you clear things out.
- The best man should help the groom with a variety of tasks before and during the wedding. He will help him choose his formalwear and he will also coordinate the other best men’s rentals as well. Furthermore, he will coordinate most of the duties attributed to the other best men too.
- The best man should be the main bachelor part organizer. Of course, he is more than free to task other best men with planning-related issues (especially since most of them will not mind this at all).
- The best man has to keep the bride’s ring during the ceremony. He should make sure the ring is safely deposited until the groom has to place it on his bride’s finger. Also, the best man has to sign the marriage license.
- The best man is expected to dance with the maid or matron of honor and he is also expected to dance with the bride as well. Furthermore, he is expected to give the first toast at the wedding reception.
- The best man will also have to collect gift envelopes from guests and deposit them in the couple’s bank account. Also, he will have to decorate the getaway car (and sometimes to drive it away as well) and he might be tasked to pay some of the wedding vendors and/or the officiant (which happens right after the ceremony).
Searching for a unique, modern wedding venue for the Big Day? Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is here for you! Come visit us and you will definitely love what we have in store for one of the most important days of your life!
Photo source: flickr.com/ readephotography
Being a Maid-of-Honor is an amazing thing – but it also comes with responsibilities you’ll have to shoulder as gracefully as possible. One of the main duties you will have on your friend’s Big Day is making sure that you deliver a flawless, emotional and beautiful speech. How to do this? Here are some tips to help you out:
- Start well-ahead of time. Don’t let your speech for the “night before”. Make sure to start thinking of it as soon as you are “delegated” with the “title” and you will not have to face the panic of not having anything as the wedding day approaches. Also, when you finally get down to writing the speech, remind yourself to keep it short and as sweet as possible.
- Humor is more than accepted. However, make sure you don’t make any kind of inappropriate jokes related to the bride, the groom, their parents or anyone else for that matter. Also, don’t forget to take your “audience” into consideration. If most of the wedding guests are rather “formal”, you might want to keep your jokes at a minimum.
- If you don’t know where to start, read some quotes. They will inspire you – and some of them will be so good that you’ll want to include them in the speech too. Also, never be afraid of the “blank page” in front of your eyes. Simply start writing and “curate” later on.
- Don’t forget to include the groom in your speech too! Now, everyone knows that you’re the bride’s best friend. But, in one way or another, the groom is your friend too – and he’s most definitely a very important person for your bride. Make sure to say something nice about him as well!
If your best friend is still searching for a venue, introduce her to Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Unique, modern and absolutely gorgeous, our restaurant cruise makes for unforgettable wedding – so it’s very likely that your bride will love us too!
Photo source: flickr.com/PrincessAshley
All couples to-be-wed know very well that their wedding is not going to be cheap. Even when the budget is quite low and even when the couple actually sticks to it, the total price of a wedding can still get quite high.
Do you know who should be paying for your wedding, though? If not, here are some ideas you may want to take into consideration:
- Traditionally, the parents of the bride pay for the wedding. For the bride, this means that she can have much more control than her future husband or than her future in-laws as well. However, as long as someone else pays for the wedding, there is always a chance that there will be misunderstandings. Of course, the major advantage to allowing the bride’s parents to foot the bill is related to the fact that you will not have to dwell into your own saving – and you will be able to use them for other, maybe more useful things in your future life as a husband and wife.
- Sometimes, both parents pay for the wedding. This is a more well-balanced situation than that which was mentioned above, but it can still lead to confusion, misunderstandings and not being fully in control of your own wedding. On the plus side though, you can save a lot of money – and if you do manage to find a middle-way solution, everyone will be happy with how the wedding turns out.
- These days, many couples choose to pay for the wedding on their own. This could provide you with total control over what you want or do not want at your wedding – but it can be a tremendously expensive deal. Thus, before you settle on any of these solutions, make sure to take into consideration both the advantages and the disadvantages too.
Here at Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise, we can provide you with an excellent option to replace the traditional wedding venue: a marvelous, elegant and unique restaurant cruise for your Big Day. Come visit us and learn more about our services!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Jenifer Corrêa
There’s no trace of doubt over the fact that a wedding is a major step in someone’s life. Wedding vows are the very “key” to this step and most of the times they denote the importance of the moment too. However, that doesn’t mean that you cannot sprinkle your vows with a bit of humor! If you are thinking of livening up the mood with your vows, the following tips will surely inspire you:
- Do you play a sport together? You could use a reference to that. For instance, if you play tennis together, you could say that you take him/her as not only your husband/wife, but also as your “permanent team member” as well.
- If you are both big fans of a book, movie or video game, there’s nothing to stop you from making a reference to that. From referring Shrek and Fiona to referring World of Warcraft, everything is allowed as long as it brings a smile on your loved one’s face.
- If you know for sure your future husband/wife will not mind it, you can make reference to something he/she is not very good at too. However, be absolutely certain that you will not hurt their feelings in front of everyone you know and love
- In general, keep dirty jokes and very insulting jokes aside. They may be fun when it’s just the two of you who share them, but they are not as fun when your families and friends are watching!
Searching for a unique, modern wedding venue? Come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise! Our elegant restaurant cruise will make for an unforgettable day – and your guests will definitely fall in love with your idea too!
Photo source: flickr.com/ madprime
For many of us, dogs are more than just mere pets. They are the best friends and part of the family. So naturally, many couples want to include their favorite furry friends into their wedding too. How to do this and what are the most important things to take into consideration? Read on and find out more.
- There are many ways a puppy (young or old) can be included in the wedding. He/she can act as the ring bearer, as the flower girl and even as the Maid of Honor or Best Man too. There are tons of options when it comes to dressing your pooch up for the Big Day – so that should definitely not be a problem.
- If you decide you absolutely want to include your pet in the wedding, make sure the wedding venue is OK with that. Some of them may have very specific rules when it comes to dogs (and other pets). Also, keep in mind that you might want to take your doggy to the venue before the wedding day, so that he/she gets accustomed with the place.
- Make sure you give your pup plenty of opportunities to do his “business” before the Big Day. The last thing you want is stepping into something as you walk down the aisle.
- Take care of your furry friend. Feed your dog in advance and at the end of the day. Also, even if your pup is very well-behaved, you should leave it into the hands of someone with whom he/she is familiar with. Furthermore, keep your pooch entertained throughout the wedding day. If you want to, you can give guests doggy treats to “thank” your puppy for his/her tricks.
- Searching for a modern, exquisite and unique wedding venue? Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise is precisely what you need! Come visit us, learn more about our venue and about our service and we guarantee you will not regret having done this!
Up until not very long ago, weddings used to be very formal, traditional events. However, as more and more couples choose to tear themselves apart from tradition and do it the “modern way”, weddings have become much more informal.
One of the best ways to bring your wedding into the modern age is by including modern age technologies in it – and not just in terms of lighting and music, but also in terms of entertainment and wedding planning too. For example having your very own custom hashtags and having your own wedding website are both amazing ideas – and here are the reasons why:
- Custom hashtags are great because everyone will want to share photos of your wedding on their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. Having a custom hashtag will allow them to personalize what they post (and it will also allow you and all the other guests “centralize” the photos and videos created by those who post them on their social media accounts).
- A wedding website is a brilliant wedding planning tool. You can use it to centralize the RSVPS (and thus make it extremely easy for your guests to submit their answers) and you can also use it to provide your guests with all the information they need in order to get to your wedding too. Also, you can use your wedding website to keep everyone up-to-date on your wedding planning process as well.
- Both of these options are extremely easy to follow and they will not take much of your time. The custom hashtag can be created in a matter of minutes (and you can share it on your social media accounts and include it in your wedding stationery too, so that people can use it).
- Even more than that, a wedding website does not have to be expensive and it can be created in less than 10 minutes as well. There are many services online that allow you to customize your own website in an easy-to-understand way and they will not charge more than a few tens of dollars either.
If you want your wedding venue to be as unique and as beautiful as your love story, come visit Nina’s Dandy Potomac Party Cruise. Our beautiful cruise ship could mark the beginning of an entirely new chapter in your life! Contact us and find out more about our venue!
Photo source: flickr.com/regan76
As the host/hostess of your wedding, you want your guests to feel really great. Of course, providing them with delicious food, creating a nice décor for your venue and making sure the music your DJ plays is suitable for all tastes are all important parts of being a great host. But if you want to add even more fun to your wedding, having a photo booth would be an amazing choice. Why? Here are some of the best reasons:
- Everyone loves taking pictures of themselves. We live in the era of “Facebook”, “Instagram” and “selfies” – and people love taking pictures of themselves and sharing them with their friends. Of course, your photographer will take pictures of everyone at the wedding – but a photo booth will provide instant “results” your guests can have fun with.
- Photo booths are highly customizable. Regardless of what wedding theme you may choose and regardless of where exactly you plan to have your wedding, a photo booth can perfectly fit into your wedding. From booths themed around the same idea as the wedding (“vintage” photo booths, for example) to booths themed around your favorite movie or video game, everything is possible these days!
- They are an inexpensive, fun addition. If budget is your primary concern, rest assured that renting a photo booth will not push your financial boundaries. According to what type of photo booth you want (and for how long you want it too), the prices for renting a photo booth can get really low – so you can definitely afford it too.
If you want your wedding to be unique from every point of view, make sure you choose a location that is just as original as your love story. Our party cruise here at Nina’s Dandy Potmomac Party Cruise would make for an excellent wedding venue – so make sure to pay us a visit before deciding on anything!
Photo source: flickr.com/ mitchell3417